Huntail is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Clamperl when traded holding a Deep Sea Tooth. It is one of Clamperl’s final forms, the other being Gorebyss. Take a look below for 23 fascinating and interesting facts about Huntail.
1. Huntail is a light blue aquatic Pokemon with a serpentine body.
2. Orange, semi-circular fins run the length of its spine, and there are two additional fins on the underside of its lower jaw.
3. A large, fan-like fin projects from the top of its head.
4. White spots that are surrounded by orange rings dot its body, which resemble its eyes.
5. It attracts its prey by wagging its fish-shaped tail, which features glowing eye-spots, a single dorsal fin, and a single pectoral fin.
6. Huntail’s large mouth features sharp teeth and allows it to gulp its prey whole.
7. Huntail swims by wiggling its body, though it is not the strongest swimmer.
8. Its sturdy spine and large eyes allows it to survive in the high pressures and darkness of the deep sea.
9. According to tradition, Huntail washing ashore is a sign that something unfortunate will happen.
10. Despite being a pure Water-type Pokémon, it bears a Dark-type Poké Assist in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.
11. Huntail appears to have been based on the gulper eel, viperfish, onejaw, or moray eel. It also resembles the rarely seen oarfish, mainly because of its orange-colored crest and fins.
12. Huntail may be a combination of hunt or hanten (speck or fleck) and tail.
13. Multiple Huntail appeared in The Evolutionary War, under the ownership of the residents of the A-B-C Islands. In that particular episode, a person has to be on Island C to evolve Clamperl into a Huntail. One such Huntail belongs to Keith.
14. Huntail debuted in a cameo in The Relicanth Really Can.
15. A Huntail appeared in the opening sequence of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
16. Multiple Huntail appeared in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. They were among the Pokémon present during the final showdown with The Phantom and his crew.
17. A Huntail appeared in Up Close and Personable!. It was among the many Pokémon that were found at the lake by the Pokémon Summer Academy.
18. Multiple Huntail appeared in Going for the Gold!, where they were among the Pokémon seen in the Ambrette Aquarium.
19. A Huntail appeared in Dewpider Ascending!, where it was swimming in the ocean.
20. Two wild Huntail appeared in The Cavern, where they were seen in the waters that surrounded the Mossdeep Space Center.
21. Two Huntail appeared in aquariums belonging to Mr. Briney and Team Aqua in Stick This in Your Craw, Crawdaunt I.
22. A Huntail made a cameo appearance as a Pokémon that Sapphire swam on while she trained herself to be part of the wild in Rayquaza Redemption II.
23. A Huntail belonging to an Aether Foundation Employee first appeared in PASM36.