Fennekin is a Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves into Braixen starting at level 16, which evolves into Delphox starting at level 36. Along with Chespin and Froakie, Fennekin is one of three starter Pokémon of Kalos available at the beginning of Pokémon X and Y.
Along with Chespin, Froakie, Xerneas, and Yveltal, it was the first Generation VI Pokémon to be revealed to the public on January 8, 2013 as part of the Pokémon Direct broadcast. Take a look below for 24 amazing and interesting facts about Fennekin.
1. Fennekin is a small, quadruped fox like Pokemon.
2. It is covered in pale yellow fur that is longer on its haunches.
3. It has a white muzzle with longer fur on its cheeks, large, dark orange eyes, and a pointed, black nose.
4. When its mouth is open, two pointed teeth can be seen in its upper jaw.
5. Tufts of dark orange fur cover the interior of its large ears.
6. Fennekin also has small paws with no visible toes and slim legs.
7. Its tail is fluffy with a dark orange tip.
8. Hot air is vented from Fennekin’s ears, reaching temperatures of over 390 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
9. It uses this ability to intimidate opponents.
10. Fennekin chews on twigs, which fill it with energy.
11. It can be temperamental, but it tries to do its best for its Trainer.
12. Fennekin is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 307, making it the only unevolved starter Pokémon with a unique base stat total.
13. Fennekin is also the starter Pokémon with the lowest base stat total.
14. Fennekin and its evolved forms share their category with Vulpix, Ninetales, Nickit, and Thievul. They are all known as the Fox Pokémon.
15. ennekin is based on a fox, specifically resembling the fennec fox.
16. It also shares characteristics with kitsune, magical foxes in Japanese folklore that can breathe fire and are associated with witchcraft.
17. Fennekin may be a combination of fennec and kindle and/or the suffix -kin.
18. Serena’s Fennekin debuted at the end of A Battle of Aerial Mobility! as one of the three starter Pokémon Serena could choose from Professor Sycamore. In the following episode, Serena chose the Fox Pokémon as her starter. Fennekin evolved into a Braixen in Battling with Elegance and a Big Smile! whilst battling Aria’s Delphox and Aromatisse with Pancham.
19. A Fennekin appeared in A PokéVision of Things to Come!, under the ownership of Aria. She was revealed to have evolved into a Braixen sometime before Day Three Blockbusters!, which then evolved into a Delphox before Battling with Elegance and a Big Smile!.
20. A Mirror World Fennekin appeared in The Cave of Mirrors!, under the ownership of Mirror Serena. Before the events of the episode, it battled Mirror Ash’s Froakie and won. It was later used again in battle, this time against the Ash of the regular world and his Froakie, and it was defeated. Later, Mirror Serena sent her out to break the glass cages in which Team Rocket had captured both Pikachu.
21. A starter Pokémon Fennekin appeared in Day Three Blockbusters!.
22. A starter Pokémon Fennekin appeared in a flashback in Cloudy Fate, Bright Future!.
23. A Fennekin appeared alongside a Chespin and Froakie in the opening sequence of Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, during which all three starter Pokémon were seen evolving into their first and then final evolved forms.
24. A Fennekin appeared in Till We Compete Again!, where it was a starter Pokémon that was offered as a choice for a Youngster to choose from.