Mime Jr. is a dual type Psychic and Fairy baby Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. Prior to Generation VI, it was a pure Psychic type Pokemon. It evolves into Mr. Mime when leveled up while knowing Mimic. In Galar, it evolves into Galarian Mr. Mime when leveled up while knowing Mimic, which evolves into Mr. Rime starting at level 42. Take a look below for 24 amazing and fascinating facts about Mime Jr.
1. Mime Jr. is a small, pink Pokemon with dark blue legs and “hat,” which appears crooked and has a white ball on it.
2. A red bump appears on its stomach and a typical red clown nose appears on its face.
3. It has slender arms and small hands.
4. Mime Jr. has a knack for imitating others, though is not very good at it; it can easily pick up emotions of those around it and imitate them.
5. It has been known to mimic its foes in order to create distractions.
6. Once the foe is confused, it will quickly escape.
7. It likes places where many people gather.
8. In Galar, Mime Jr. tend to idolize Mr. Rime, and make to imitate their movements in a master-apprentice relationship.
9. Mime Jr. is the only Pokémon with a catch rate of 145.
10. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, if the player has a Mime Jr. as their partner in Copycat’s room, the Mime Jr. will “mimic” the player when interacted with.
11. Mime Jr. has the lowest base HP of all Psychic and Fairy-type Pokémon.
12. Mime Jr. appears to be based on a mime, a toddler, and a clown.
13. Its secondary Fairy typing and pointed hat indicate that it may also be based on fairy tale gnomes.
14. Its upper body and simple design also suggests that it may be a tsukumogami based on a cloth hand puppet, to complement the dummy-like appearance of Mr. Mime.
15. Mime Jr. is derived from the name of its evolution, Mr. Mime.
16. James obtained a Mime Jr. from his Nanny and Pop-Pop in Sweet Baby James, which also marked the species’ main series debut. Although Mime Jr. was rarely used in battle by James, it has helped Jessie during the Performance Stage of several Pokémon Contests. James eventually left Mime Jr. at Team Rocket HQ when he headed to Unova so he would not attract attention by using Pokémon foreign to the region.
17. Mime Jr. debuted in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, under the ownership of Queen Ilene. It was always seen outside of its Poké Ball.
18. A Mime Jr. appeared in King and Queen for a Day, where it and a Bonsly were the stars of a television show. The two went missing, and when they were found, they were discovered to be sick. As a result, James’s Mime Jr. and Brock’s Bonsly had to fill in for them.
19. A Mime Jr. appeared in Performing with Fiery Charm!, under the ownership of Santo. It helped its Trainer and the other judges to evaluate the Poké Puffs made by the Performers during the Theme Performance of the Dendemille Showcase Rookie Class.
20. A Mime Jr. appeared in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew as one of Mew‘s transformations.
21. A Mime Jr. appeared in Meloetta’s Moonlight Serenade as one of the Pokémon watching Meloetta’s concert.
22. A Mime Jr. appeared in Day Three Blockbusters!.
23. A Mime Jr. appeared in Cloudy Fate, Bright Future!, under the ownership of a Psychic.
24. A Mime Jr. appeared in Party Dancecapades!, under the ownership of a Pokémon Performer attending Monsieur Pierre’s dance party.