Grumpig is a Psychic type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Spoink starting at level 32. Take a look below for 23 amazing and fascinating facts about Grumpig.
1. Grumpig is a bipedal, pig like Pokemon.
2. It has large ears, a pink snout, and oval eyes.
3. The lower half of its body is black, while the upper half is purple.
4. There are black markings on its ears and arms, while its hands and feet are purple.
5. Its tail is pink and curly.
6. There appear to be three shining black pearls on its body: two small ones on its head, and a larger but nearly flat pearl on its midsection where the black meets the purple.
7. These pearls are used to amplify its psychic powers, which allow it to control its opponents.
8. The dance it performs while using its powers is very popular.
9. It lives on mountains.
10. Grumpig shares its category with Gothorita. They are both known as the Manipulate Pokémon.
11. Apart from being inspired by a pig, the inspiration for Grumpig may be the Biblical phrase “…neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you” from Matthew 7:6. The pearls were supposed to represent wisdom given to an audience who would not appreciate the teachings. Grumpig and Spoink appear to instead use those pearls of wisdom to enhance their psychic powers.
12. Grumpig may be a combination of grump and pig. Grump may also be a corruption of grunt, a sound that pigs make.
13. Grumpig made its main series debut in Pokéblock, Stock, and Berry, under the ownership of a Pokémon Coordinator named Kelly. Kelly used the Manipulate Pokémon in the Lilycove Contest in the following episode. It was seen outside of its Poké Ball.
14. A bully Grumpig appeared in An Oasis of Hope!. It attacked the Spoink that were gathering food and later started manipulating them all, except for one Spoink that managed to escape and find Ash and his friends. Team Rocket used Grumpig as a lure to capture Ash and his friends in their trap, but it was defeated by Ash’s newly evolved Sliggoo.
15. Grumpig debuted in a cameo appearance in the opening sequence of Destiny Deoxys.
16. A Coordinator’s Grumpig appeared in What I Did for Love!.
17. A Coordinator’s Grumpig appeared in May, We Harley Drew’d Ya!.
18. A Grumpig made a cameo appearance in The Rise of Darkrai as one of the Pokémon Darkrai hit with a Dark Void.
19. A Grumpig appeared in Historical Mystery Tour!, under the ownership of a Clown. It was seen doing some acting.
20. A Grumpig appeared in A Marathon Rivalry!, under the ownership of a competitor in the Pokéathlon held in Camellia Town.
21. A Grumpig appeared in Casting a Paul on Barry!, under the ownership of a Trainer participating in the Lily of the Valley Conference. It battled and lost against Ash’s Snorlax.
22. A Grumpig appeared in Cloudy Fate, Bright Future!, under the ownership of a Psychic.
23. In VS. Grumpig I, a herd of wild Grumpig attacked Ruby and Sapphire, only to be promptly defeated by the former’s Mightyena, Nana. This would turn out to be a critical development in the manga’s plot, as it is through this that Sapphire grows aware of Ruby’s real strength.