Regice is an Ice type Legendary Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon. Along with Regirock and Registeel, it is one of the three Legendary titans of Hoenn. Take a look below for 22 fascinating and interesting facts about Regice.
1. Regice is composed of Antarctic ice that closely resembles a crystal.
2. Its face has an unusual pattern consisting of seven yellow dots in a “+” formation.
3. It has four spikes on its back.
4. Its legs are conical and it balances its entire body on those two points.
5. There are three fingers on each of its cylindrical arms.
6. In the anime, Regice moves around by floating in the air.
7. Regice cloaks itself in air that is -328 degrees Fahrenheit, and can survive submerged in molten lava and other extremely hot temperatures.
8. Regice slept in a glacier for thousands of years.
9. Regice has the highest base Special Defense stat of all Legendary Pokémon.
10. It also has the highest base Special Defense stat of all Ice-type Pokémon.
11. It is also tied with Regirock for the highest single base stat of any Legendary Pokémon with its 200 Special Defense. Regirock’s is its Defense.
12. In the international versions of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, there is an unobtainable Regice Doll programmed into the game. It was unlockable with the Japan-exclusive Regi-Dolls Decoration set e-Reader card.
13. Regice shares its category with Avalugg. They are both known as the Iceberg Pokémon.
14. Regice may be based on the golems of Hebrew legend. The legends cast them as servants of higher powers and are said to have writing on their heads. When the writing is removed, the creature would be weakened, or even killed in some legends.
15. Regice is a combination of regis (Latin for royal) and ice.
16. Regice debuted alongside the other members of its trio in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, as one of the three guardians of the Tree of Beginning. It first tried to attack Ash, but was stopped by Lucario. In the end, it, together with Regirock and Registeel, realized Ash and his friends were not a danger and continued protecting the Tree of Beginning.
17. Regice made its main series debut in Pace – The Final Frontier!, under the ownership of Brandon. It battled Pikachu and eventually lost after a tough match. It reappeared in A Pyramiding Rage! and Pillars of Friendship!.
18. A Regice made a cameo appearance alongside the other members of its trio in the opening sequence of The Rise of Darkrai, where they all fired Hyper Beams that combined into an extremely powerful one.
19. A Regice briefly appeared in PK18, where it met Pikachu and Meowth‘s groups at the other side of an ice bridge and sent them into a lake.
20. A Regice appeared in a flashback in Pillars of Friendship!.
21. Regice debuted in The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon XIV, when Glacia was attempting to open the Island Cave. Together, Steven and Sapphire created a team consisting of four Beldum and Sapphire’s Relicanth and Wailord, thus opening up the chamber containing Regice, as well as the other two titans, Regirock and Registeel. Regice used Superpower to stop Groudon and Kyogre from spreading destruction. After the battle, it and the other two titans—left weak and powerless—traveled to the mountains, where they were later caught by Brandon shortly before the opening ceremony of the Battle Frontier.
22. Brandon used Regice in his battle with Emerald. It beat Crystal’s Cubone, which Emerald had borrowed to use in the Battle Pyramid, but Regice was subsequently defeated by Emerald’s Sceptile and its Iron Tail.