Trey Taylor is an American singer, musician, and social media star. He and his brother, Armon Warren, perform together and run a highly-popular YouTube channel dedicated to their music. Take a look below for 20 more interesting and fun facts about Trey Taylor.
1. A Detroit native, Trey grew up with a deep love for music and show business.
2. He and his brother began their journey to internet stardom on Vine and soon gathered a large following on the platform with their six-second-long covers of famous songs.
3. After Vine shut down, the brothers followed route that many other Viners took; they set up a YouTube account.
4. The majority of their audience made the transition along with them and soon Trey and Armon were accumulating new viewers on the video sharing platform.
5. As of early 2018, their channel had garnered over 2.1 million subscribers.
6. While they have mostly done covers for a major part of their careers, the brothers have started making original music recently.
7. Trey and Armon began performing at an early age.
8. Gifted with a great voice and an intuitive ear for music, Trey loved to sing as a child.
9. The brothers found music to be something they could bond over and in time, they started performing together.
10. When they set up their Vine account in the early 2010s, it was simply a way for them to strengthen that bond.
11. It was a surprise to both of them when their account rapidly became popular.
12. They performed wholeheartedly, successfully covering some of the hardest songs out there.
13. At the height of their popularity on Vine, they decided to set up an account on YouTube as well. Simply named “Ar’mon And Trey,” the channel was created on December 28, 2014, and they uploaded their first video, titled “Ar’mon And Trey – The Same (So Gone Challenge)” on August 26, 2016.
14. They began focusing on YouTube once Vine shut down for good.
15. These days, their videos receive over a million views each. They have garnered 2.1 million subscribers and 207 million views to date.
16. The brothers are equally active on Instagram, where their channel has 1.3 million followers. They have over 100,000 followers on Twitter.
17. After years of covering songs by artists such as Chrish, Usher and Drake, Trey and his brother have started creating their own original music.
18. Some of their most popular songs are “No Strings,” “Breakdown,” and “Drown.”
19. Trey is modest enough not to tell anyone about his personal life and relations with his girlfriend.
20. He likes to wear his hair in dreads.