Grotle is a Grass type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Turtwig starting at level 18 and evolves into Torterra starting at level 32. Take a look below for 20 fun and interesting facts about Grotle.
1. Grotle is a quadruped Pokemon with light green skin and a large shell covering its back.
2. The shell is composed of hardened soil and conforms to the shape of Grotle’s body, extending from its forehead to the tip of its short tail.
3. The shell appears sectioned and is yellow with three long, brown ridges atop it.
4. There are two bush-like trees growing around the outermost ridges.
5. Grotle’s lower jaw is yellow and has triangular extensions on the cheeks, while its upper jaw has a hooked tip.
6. Its feet are yellow and have three claws each.
7. Grotle has the ability to sense where pure water wells up, and will carry other Pokémon on its back to these sources.
8. Grotle lives in forests, but leaves during the day to allow more sunlight on its trees.
9. Berries grow on the trees, attracting some species of Pokémon.
10. In the anime, Grotle is seen to produce acorn-like nuts instead.
11. Grotle is the heaviest of the second-stage starter Pokémon, at 213.8 lbs. (97.0 kg), being heavier than many other fully-evolved starter Pokémon.
12. Grotle is the only second-stage Sinnoh starter Pokémon to evolve at level 32. Monferno and Prinplup both evolve at level 36.
13. When Grotle evolves into Torterra, all of its stats increase by 20 points.
14. Grotle is based on a snapping turtle, but may also originate from a World Turtle, most likely Akūpāra. The minogame could be another inspiration.
15. Grotle is a combination of grove and turtle. It may also derive from grotto or grow, referring to its Grass type.
16. Ash’s Turtwig evolved into a Grotle in Aiding the Enemy!, which also marked the species’ debut. In The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore!, Grotle evolved into Torterra.
17. A Grotle appeared in the opening sequence of Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
18. Ash’s Grotle first appeared in PDP29, where it evolved from a Turtwig.
19. In Ring Around the Roserade I, Diamond’s Turtwig, Tru, evolved into a Grotle. He became stronger and (slightly) faster in this new form, but was scarcely used for battles, as he would have been ineffective against Gardenia’s Grass-type Pokémon, though he still helped Platinum train for future Gym battles. Soon afterwards, Grotle became a Torterra alongside Chimler in Veilstone City fighting a legion of Galactic Grunts, and his power and endurance grew tremendously.
20. Jun’s Turtwig evolved into a Grotle off-screen and later into Torterra.