Canyonville is a city in Douglas County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 interesting and amazing facts about Canyonville, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 1,884 at the 2010 census.
2. The main regional tourist attraction, the Seven Feathers Casino Resort is in Canyonville.
3. The city lies along Interstate 5 about 100 miles (160 km) north of the Oregon–California border and about 200 miles (320 km) south of Portland, Oregon.
4. Canyon Creek flows through Canyonville, where it joins the South Umpqua River.
5. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.97 square miles (2.51 km2), all of it land.
6. Canyonville is classified as having a Mediterranean climate (Köppen Csb), with some characteristics of an oceanic climate (Cfb) due to its cool temperatures. Winters are cool, gray and rainy, while summers are warm and dry.
7. According to the census of 2010, there were 1,884 people, 756 households, and 470 families living in the city.
8. The population density was 1,942.3 inhabitants per square mile (749.9/km2). There were 820 housing units at an average density of 845.4 per square mile (326.4/km2).
9. The racial makeup of the city was 86.3% White, 0.4% African American, 2.7% Native American, 4.6% Asian, 1.6% from other races, and 4.5% of two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.5% of the population.
10. Of the 756 households, 24.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them; 45.5% were married couples living together; 12.2% had a female householder with no husband present; 4.5% had a male householder with no wife present; and 37.8% were non-families. 31.3% of all households were individuals, and in 16.5% there was someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.4, and the average family size was 2.79.