Poochyena is a Dark type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into Mightyena starting at level 18. Take a look below for 26 amazing and interesting facts about Poochyena.
1. Poochyena is a quadruped Pokemon similar in appearance to hyenas and canines.
2. Its body is primarily gray with a black face and throat, paws, and belly.
3. Its eyes are red with yellow sclerae, and it has a red nose.
4. Its lower jaw has two pointed teeth sticking out.
5. The fur at the base of its tail is rumpled and shaggy.
6. Poochyena has gray paw pads on its three-toed paws.
7. Poochyena has a very keen sense of smell, allowing it to find and chase its prey with ease.
8. It takes a bite at anything that moves, and makes the hair on its tail bristle out to try to intimidate its foes.
9. Known for its tenacious nature, it chases after prey until the victim becomes exhausted.
10. If its prey strikes back, it may turn tail.
11. It is omnivorous and will eat anything.
12. This Pokémon lives in grasslands, savannas, and forests.
13. Poochyena has the lowest base stat total of all Dark-type Pokémon.
14. Poochyena and its evolved form share their category with Drednaw. They are all known as Bite Pokémon.
15. Poochyena shares some similarities with both wolves and hyenas. However, its small size, typically tenacious nature, and affinity for biting resemble Tasmanian devils.
16. Poochyena is a combination of pooch (slang for dog) and hyena.
17. Multiple Poochyena debuted in Get the Show on the Road. They attacked Professor Birch when he got separated from Ash, similarly to what happened in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
18. A Poochyena appeared in A Bite to Remember, under the ownership of Katrina. Max befriended it and eventually helped it evolve.
20. A wild Poochyena appeared in A Six Pack Attack!, where it assisted Professor Birch in finding Professor Oak, May, and Max.
21. Three Poochyena appeared in Grass Hysteria!, under the ownership of Old Man Obee. They were used to track down Ash and May after they got lost in the Forbidden Forest. They then participated in the fight against Team Rocket’s mecha.
22. A Poochyena appeared in An Explosive Operation!, under the ownership of a Team Flare Grunt. It was used during a Team Flare effort to capture Z2.
23. A Poochyena appeared in Brock’s demonstration in A Bite to Remember, where it evolved into a Mightyena.
24. A Coordinator’s Poochyena appeared in All Things Bright and Beautifly!, where it was competing in the Rustboro Contest.
25. A Poochyena was seen inside the Slateport City Pokémon Center in Now That’s Flower Power!.
26. A Coordinator’s Poochyena appeared in Win, Lose or Drew!, where it was seen competing in the Slateport Contest.