St. Martins is a village on the Bay of Fundy in Saint John County, New Brunswick, Canada. Take a look below for 6 fun and awesome facts bout St. Martins, New Brunswick, Canada.
1. The village had a population of 276 as of the 2016 census.
2. The village was founded as Quaco by 1783 by soldiers from the disbanded loyalist King’s Orange Rangers.
3. It was incorporated in 1967.
4. Led by shipbuilders such as James Moran, it was the third most productive shipbuilding town in the Maritimes, producing over 500 ships.
5. Shipbuilding declined after the 1870s and today tourism is the major industry.
6. Attractions in St. Martins include the St. Martins Sea Caves, the beach and tidal harbour, the start of the Fundy Trail, two covered bridges and the Quaco Head Lighthouse, the Quaco Museum and Library, and the Fundy Trail Parkway.