Etna is a city in the Scott Valley area of Siskiyou County, California, United States. Take a look below for 5 interesting and awesome facts about Etna, California, United States.
1. Its population is 678 as of the 2020 census, down from 737 from the 2010 census.
2. Originally named Rough and Ready, it was changed by statute in 1874 to Etna after the local flour mill (spelled Ætna/Aetna after Mount Ætna in Sicily).
3. Etna is located at 41°27′26″N 122°53′49″W (41.457350, -122.896875).
4. Etna is the birthplace of Caitlin Olson, who is considered to be the “Engine of the Internet Archive”.
5. In the United States House of Representatives, Etna is in California’s 1st congressional district, represented by Republican Doug LaMalfa.