Ivana Marie “Ivanka” Trump is an American businesswoman, fashion designer, author and reality television personality who is currently the senior advisor to the president of the United States. She is the daughter and second child of President Donald Trump and his first wife, Ivana. She is the first Jewish member of the first family, having converted before marrying her Jewish husband, Jared Kushner. Take a look below for 32 more fascinating and interesting facts about Ivanka Trump.
1. Trump was born in Manhattan, New York City, and is the second child of Czech-American model Ivana and Donald Trump, who in 2017 became the 45th president of the United States.
2. Her father has German and Scottish ancestry and her mother has Czech and Austrian ancestry.
3. For most of her life, she has been nicknamed “Ivanka”, a diminutive form of Ivana.
4. Her parents divorced in 1992 when she was ten years old.
5. She has two brothers, Donald Jr. and Eric, a half-sister, Tiffany, and a half-brother, Barron.
6. She attended the Chapin School in Manhattan until she was 15, when she transferred to Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, Connecticut.
7. She characterized Choate’s “boarding-school life” as being like a “prison”, while her “friends in New York were having fun”.
8. After graduating from Choate, she attended Georgetown University for two years, then transferred to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, from which she graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in economics in 2004.
9. Her father had also transferred to Wharton after two years at another institution, Fordham University.
10. Trump briefly worked for Forest City Enterprises as a real estate project manager.
11. In 2005, she joined the family business as Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions at the Trump Organization.
12. In 2007, she formed a partnership with Dynamic Diamond Corp., the company of diamond vendor Moshe Lax, to create Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry, a line of diamond and gold jewelry sold at her first flagship retail store in Manhattan.
13. In November 2011, her retail flagship moved from Madison Avenue to 109 Mercer Street, a larger space in the fashionable SoHo district.
14. In December 2012, members of 100 Women in Hedge Funds elected Ivanka Trump to their board.
15. On October 2, 2015, it was reported that “Ivanka Trump’s flagship store on Mercer Street appear[s] to be closed” and, noting that the shop had been “stripped clean”.
16. In October 2016, the only dedicated retail shop and flagship boutique for Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry was located at Trump Tower in Manhattan, New York City, with her brand also being available at Hudson’s Bay and fine-jewelry stores throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
17. Her brand was criticized for allegedly copying designs by other designers, and by PETA and other animal rights activists for using fur from rabbits.
18. In 2016, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled Ivanka Trump-branded scarves because they did not meet federal flammability standards.
19. A 2016 analysis found that most of the fashion line was produced outside the U.S. Ivanka Trump-brand shoes have been supplied by Chengdu Kameido Shoes in Sichuan and Hangzhou HS Fashion (via G-III Apparel Group) in Zhejiang.
20. In February 2017, department store chains Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom dropped Trump’s fashion line, citing “poor performance.”
21. On July 24, 2018, Trump announced that she shut down her company after deciding to pursue a career in public policy instead of returning to her fashion business.
22. Trump has a close relationship with her father, who has publicly expressed his admiration for her on several occasions.
23. Ivanka has likewise praised her father, complimenting his leadership skills and saying he empowers other people.
24. Sarah Ellison, writing for Vanity Fair in 2018, indicated Ivanka Trump was the family member that “everyone in the family seems to acknowledge” is Donald Trump’s “favorite” child. This had been confirmed by the family members themselves in a 2015 interview with Barbara Walters on network television where the siblings were gathered and acknowledged that she was the favorite among the siblings.
25. According to her mother, Ivanka speaks French and understands Czech.
26. During college, Trump was in a nearly four-year relationship with Greg Hersch, an investment banker at Salomon Brothers, Bear Stearns, and UBS.
27. From 2001 to 2005, she dated James “Bingo” Gubelmann.
28. In 2005, she started dating real estate developer Jared Kushner, whom she met through mutual friends. The couple broke up in 2008 due to the objections of Kushner’s parents, but got back together and married in a Jewish ceremony on October 25, 2009.
29. They have three children, a daughter born in July 2011 and two sons born in October 2013 and March 2016.
30. In an interview on The Dr. Oz Show, Trump revealed that she had suffered from postpartum depression after each of her pregnancies.
31. In January 2017 it was announced that Trump and her husband had made arrangements to establish a family home in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
32. Federal filings implied that, in 2017, Trump and her husband may have assets upwards of $740 million.