Milena Markovna Kunis is an American actress. In 1991, when she was 7 years old, she moved from the USSR to the United States with her family. After being enrolled in acting classes as an after-school activity, she was soon discovered by an agent. Take a look below for 30 more fun and fascinating facts about Mila Kunis.
1. Kunis appeared in several television series and commercial, before getting her first significant role prior to her 15th birthday, playing Jackie Burkhart on the television series That ’70s Show, with Ashton Kutcher.
2. Since 1999, she has voiced Meg Griffin on the animated series Family Guy.
3. Her breakout film role came in 2008, when she played Rachel in the romantic comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
4. Kunis gained critical acclaim and accolades for her performance in the psychological thriller Black Swan, with Natalie Portman, for which she received the Premio Marcello Mastroianni for Best Young Actor or Actress, and nominations for the SAG Award and the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress.
5. Her other major films include the neo-noir action film Max Payne, the post-apocalyptic action film The Book of Eli, the romantic comedy film Friends with Benefits, the comedy film Ted, the fantasy film Oz the Great and Powerful, and the comedy film Bad Moms.
6. Kunis’ mother, Elvira, is a physics teacher who runs a pharmacy, and her father, Mark Kunis, is a mechanical engineer who works as a cab driver.
7. Kunis has an older brother called Michael.
8. In 2011, she stated that her parents had amazing jobs, and that the family was very lucky and not poor. They decided to leave the USSR because they didn’t see any opportunity there.
9. In 1991, when she was 7 years old, her family moved to Los Angeles, California with $250.
10. Kunis comes from a Jewish family and has cited anti-Semitism in the Soviet Union as one of several reasons for her family’s move to the United States.
11. On her second day in Los Angeles, Kunis was enrolled at Rosewood Elementary School, without knowing any English.
12. She used an on-set tutor for most of her high school years while filming That ’70s Show.
13. She briefly attended the Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies, but when the school wasn’t flexible about her acting commitments, she switched to Fairfax High School.
14. In 2002, she began dating actor Macaulay Culkin. During their relationship, there were rumors that they would get married, but Kunis denied them.
15. Kunis began dating her former That ’70s Show co-star Ashton Kutcher in April, 2012, and they became engaged in February, 2014. She gave birth to their daughter, Wyatt Isabelle, on October 1, 2014. Kunis married Kutcher during the first weekend of July, 2015, in Oak Glen, California.
16. In 2012, Christian Dior signed Kunis to be the face of its Spring fashion campaign.
17. In February, 2013, she was named Gemfields global brand ambassador and the face of their advertising campaign.
18. GQ Magazine named Kunis the Knockout of the Year for 2011, with Men’s Health Magazine naming her as one of the 100 Hottest Women of All-Time.
19. Her favorite movies are The Wizard of Oz and Dirty Dancing.
20. According to director Nicholas Stoller, the nude pictures of Kunis in Forgetting Sarah Marshall were not real.
21. On the television show Loveline, Kunis mentioned that when she was younger, she had serious migraines that were caused by an eye condition. She had to insert steroid injections straight into her eye to relieve the migraines.
22. She’s a self-confessed fan of the Star Trek franchise.
23. Kunis largely attributes her learning to speak English from the American television show The Price is Right.
24. Kunis had a guest role on Walker, Texas Ranger when she was 14 and she learned how to throw a punch from Chuck Norris.
25. Even though she had a major role on That ’70s Show, she worked odd jobs. Around the show’s third season, she filled in for one of her friend’s employees at a shop called Natural Wonders. She would also work at Ride-Aid with her mom after she picked her up from the set.
26. According to People Magazine, Kunis largely grew up with the cast of That ’70s Show. She attributes her co-stars Wilmer Valderrama with teaching her how to drive, and Danny Masterson for being her prom date and buying Kunis her first drink.
27. She appeared in Aerosmith’s music video for their 2001 song “Jaded” and also in The Strokes’ music video for the groups 2003 song “The End Has No End.”
28. Kunis lost 20 pounds, stayed on a strict, 1,200 calorie a day diet and took ballet lessons for four hours every day to train for her role in Black Swan.
29. She demanded that her father not watch the sex scene she shares with Natalie Portman in Black Swan.
30. Charlie Sheen once said in an interview that he has a major crush on Kunis.
Pingback:May 1, 2018 at 12:48 pm