Lucario is a dual type Fighting and Steel Pokemon introduced in Generation Iv. It evolves from Riolu when leveled up with high friendship during the day. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Lucario using the Lucarionite. Take a look below for 30 fun and interesting facts about Lucario.
1. Lucario is a bipedal, canine like Pokemon, with fur that is predominantly blue and black.
2. It possesses a short, round spike on the back of each forepaw, in addition to a third on its chest.
3. It has red eyes, a long snout and ears.
4. When its mouth is open, two pairs of pointed teeth, one in the upper jaw and one in the lower, can be seen.
5. It possesses cream-colored fur on its torso, and blue fur on its thighs that resembles shorts.
6. It has a medium length tail of the same blue color as well.
7. It stands on its toes rather than on its entire foot.
8. It has developed four black appendages that hang down from its head, which rise when Lucario reads or manipulates aura, a special energy that it senses.
9. Lucario can study this energy to predict the movements of their opponents and track their quarry.
10. They also have the power to manipulate this energy in an offensive manner, in the form of explosive spheres of energy.
11. Lucario can understand human speech, and have been reported to communicate with humans through telepathy.
12. As Mega Lucario, its cream fur becomes longer, and its thighs slim down. It develops more spikes on the back of its paws, which have turned crimson. It also develops spikes on both of its feet, which have become crimson too. Its previously red eyes are now orange-colored. Its aura-sensing appendages grow longer, and two of them are tipped in crimson. Its shoulders also possess a spike each.
13. Its aura heightens throughout its body, which formed black markings on its blue fur. In Kalos, Mega Lucario is believed to be the first discovered Mega Evolution. People call Mega Lucario’s fighting style heartless due to it being bathed in combative instincts and not showing any mercy to any other opposing Pokémon.
14. Lucario is considered to be prideful, and is extremely loyal to its Trainer.
15. It also seems to have a natural sense of justice.
16. It usually lives deep in mountains very far from people to improve their skills.
17. It is an exceptionally rare Pokémon.
18. Lucario are primarily carnivores, hunting their prey in packs, though one Lucario was seen eating Berries and plants, like roses.
19. It has been seen eating chocolate, even though chocolate is not part of its natural diet.
20. Because of its debut in the Advanced Generation series film Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Lucario appears in the original versions of Battle Frontier and its English dub counterpart, Unbeatable, alongside Mime Jr. and Weavile, despite not debuting until the following generation.
21. Lucario’s English name was revealed on February 9, 2006 with the announcement of the title of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
22. In Pokémon Battle Revolution, Dusty wears a Lucario costume.
23. Due to Lucario’s combination of Abilities, in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Steadfast only activates if Lucario becomes cross-eyed, or if the opponent has Mold Breaker.
24. Lucario has the fewest moves of all the Pokkén Tournament fighters, with a total of four.
25. Mega Lucario has the highest Special Attack stat of all non-legendary Fighting-type Pokémon.
26. In the Pokémon of the Year poll held by the Pokémon Company in 2020, Lucario was voted the most popular Generation IV Pokémon, receiving 102,259 votes. It was also the second-most popular Pokémon overall.
27. Lucario appears to be based on the Egyptian god of funerals and the dead, Anubis, who has the head of an African golden wolf. Anubis’s role in Egyptian mythology was to judge the hearts of deceased souls based on their actions during their life. This resembles Lucario’s ability to see a life form’s aura. It also seems to be based on an Egyptian boxer. Boxing is a sport that is believed to have origins in Egypt.
28. The markings on Lucario’s face resemble a mask. The rings around its shoulders may be inspired by iron rings used in martial arts. The four appendages on Lucario’s head, together with the shape drawn by its mask (a bisected ring), may suggest inspiration from a khakkhara, which in popular depictions can respond to spiritual energies similarly to how Lucario’s appendages act when it senses aura.
29. Lucario may be derived from the reverse of the Japanese transliteration of orichalcum (a mythical metal) or oracle (referring to its supernatural abilities involving aura). It may also involve lupaster (a subspecies of the Canis aureus), Cairo, pharaoh, lykos (Greek for wolf), luchar (Spanish for fight), or lucarius (Latin for (one) of light or luminary).
30. Lucario debuted as one of the main Pokémon in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. He belonged to Sir Aaron and was sealed away in his staff for a thousand years. Ash later released him during a festival and he helped guide him to the Tree of Beginning after Mew teleported Pikachu there. However, he sacrificed himself to save the Tree of Beginning.