Aegislash is a dual-type Steel/Ghost Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Doublade when exposed to a Dusk Stone. It is the final form of Honedge. Aegislash has the ability to change forms during battle, depending on the moves it is using. Take a look below for 30 fascinating and interesting facts about Aegislash.
1. Aegislash is a Pokemon whose body resembles a golden sword.
2. The edge of the steel blade is white and somewhat serrated near the tip.
3. Where the blade meets the hilt is a single, purple eye with a white slit pupil surrounded by black space.
4. The handle forms a thick, striated spike.
5. Two cloth-like arms emerge from the sides of the hilt.
6. Each arm is primarily black and transitions to a pale purple with a slight swirl pattern at the tip.
7. The sash-like arms split into four tassels at the tips.
8. It always carries an ornate shield in at least one of its arms.
9. The shield is gold and has three brown rings surrounded by black in the middle.
10. It also has a brown rim with three lines radiating toward the center.
11. Aegislash is capable of changing its stance in the middle of battle using its Ability Stance Change, depending on what moves are used.
12. It carries out offensive moves in its Blade Forme. In this form, it carries its shield in its left arm and exposes its blade, which it uses to slash its opponents.
13. Defensive moves are performed in its Shield Forme. In this form, it holds its shield up in front of its blade with both of its arms crossed behind the shield. In this form, the centers of the rings on its shield are white.
14. Its Shield Forme can block and decrease any attack.
15. It accomplishes this through a combination of its steel body and a force field made from its spectral power.
16. The Blade Forms can use the strength and weight of its blade to cut through any opponents.
17. Aegislash possess incredible spectral powers, enabling it to manipulate people and Pokémon alike.
18. It is also able to detect the innate qualities of leadership; legend has it that whoever it recognizes as a worthy leader is destined to become king.
19. In fact, this Pokémon has attended and served generations of kings. However, an Aegislash was rumored to have drained the life of one king, causing his kingdom to fall alongside him.
20. Aegislash is the only known Pokémon that can learn King’s Shield.
21. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Aegislash and its pre-evolved forms.
22. Aegislash and its pre-evolved forms are also the only Steel-type Pokémon unaffected by Magnet Pull due to this unique typing.
23. Aegislash and its pre-evolved forms were designed by Hitoshi Ariga.
24. Aegislash is the only Pokkén fighter without any moves exclusive to duel phase.
25. Aegislash is the first Pokémon to have its base stats lowered in a generation after its introduction and the only Pokémon whose base stats changed in Generation VIII.
26. Shield Forme Aegislash has the highest base Special Defense stat of all Ghost-type Pokémon.
27. Aegislash appears to be based on a possessed sword and shield. Its disposition to sense an owner’s potential as leaders and kings, seems to draw inspiration from the ideas of mythical swords of European legend, such as Durendal and Excalibur.
28. Aegislash may be a combination of Aegis (Zeus’s shield in Greek mythology) and slash.
29. Aegislash debuted in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, under the ownership of Argus Steel. It is his main Pokémon, often being used by him for transportation.
30. Aegislash made its main series debut in Valuable Experience for All!, under the ownership of Sawyer. It was revealed to have evolved from a Doublade sometime before the episode.