Doublade is a dual-type Steel/Ghost Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Honedge starting at level 35 and evolves into Aegislash when exposed to a Dusk Stone. Take a look below for 21 interesting and amazing facts about Doublade.
1. Doublade is a Pokemon composed of two swords.
2. Each sword has a silver blade and a light gray hilt.
3. Embedded in each hilt is a single, pink gem with a dark center that appears to be an eye.
4. Attached to each pummel is a long, dark purple sash with a pink swirl pattern on the tip; the tip of the sashes split into four tassels.
5. Doublade has two sheathes that are attached to a plaque.
6. The sheathes are varying shades of brown with lines forming a triquetra pattern across the front.
7. Near the top of each sheath are white teeth-like markings and rings with white centers that resemble eyes.
8. A third ring extends onto the hilt and encircles the actual eye.
9. The swords are able to communicate telepathically, and they use this ability to carry out complex attacks that are unstoppable even by those skilled at swordplay.
10. When rubbing its two blades together, Doublade can emit a metallic sound to the opponents that is unnerving to them.
11. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Doublade or its evolutionary relatives.
12. Doublade and its evolutionary relatives are also the only Steel-type Pokémon unaffected by Magnet Pull, due to this unique typing.
13. Doublade and its evolutionary relatives were designed by Hitoshi Ariga.
14. Doublade has the highest base Defense stat of all Ghost-type Pokémon.
15. Doublade appears to be based conceptually on a pair of fully sentient, possessed magical swords. Considering the crossed swords and shield connecting the Pokémon together, it is probably based on a coat of arms.
16. The fact that it started off as an ordinary sword as a Honedge may mean it could be based on the bushido mythos behind katana use; katanas possessed the user samurai’s soul and attacked of its own free will.
17. Visually, considering its build and hilt, Doublade seems to be based on a pair of either spatha, claymore, or possibly jian swords with their own scabbards, tassel-like prehensile limbs, and a shared shield connecting its scabbards together.
18. Doublade is a combination of double and blade.
19. Doublade debuted in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, under the ownership of Argus Steel. It was commonly used by Argus’s daughter Millis for transport.
20. Doublade made its main series debut in A Full-Strength Battle Surprise!, under the ownership of Sawyer, where it was revealed to have evolved from his Honedge. It was used in Sawyer’s battle against Ash, but was defeated by Noivern. Doublade evolved into an Aegislash sometime before Valuable Experience for All!.
21. In Charizard Transforms, Celosia used a Doublade in her battle against Shauna on the route to Pokémon Village. It was later used against Shauna again in Xerneas Gives, only to be defeated by Shauna’s Kitty.