Heidi Blair Montag is an American television personality, singer, fashion designer, and author. Born and raised in Crested Butte, Colorado, she befriended Lauren Conrad in 2005. In 2006, Montag came to prominence after being cast in the MTV reality television series The Hills, which chronicled the personal and professional lives of Conrad, Montag, and friends Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port. Take a look below for 28 more fun and fascinating facts about Heidi Montag.
1. Montag was born September 15, 1986, in Crested Butte, Colorado, to parents Darlene and Bill Montag.
2. After divorcing, her mother Darlene married Tim Egelhoff; they owned The Timberline restaurant for 21 years until its closing in 2010.
3. Montag has an older sister Holly, also a reality television personality, and a younger brother Sky.
4. Their father Bill later married Terri O’Hara; their step-brother Eric O’Hara died in 2008 after an accidental fall from an icy roof.
5. After graduating from high school, Montag moved to California and attended the Academy of Art University in San Francisco for one semester. During freshman orientation, she befriended Lauren Conrad, who at the time was a primary cast member of the MTV reality television series Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County.
6. After both transferred to the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles, California, Montag was subsequently featured in four episodes during the series’ second season.
7. However, after failing to find the school “challenging”, she dropped out and received employment from Bolthouse Productions as an assistant.
8. Within two years, she was promoted as an event planner.
9. During the fourth season of The Hills, Montag and Pratt eloped to Mexico, where they married on November 20, 2008.
10. A wedding ceremony was held on April 25, 2009, in Pasadena, California.
11. Their son Gunner Stone was born on October 1, 2017.
12. After moving to Los Angeles in 2006, the Laguna Beach spin-off series The Hills was developed to chronicle the lives of then-housemates Conard and Montag and friends Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port.
13. That year, she began a short-lived relationship with Jordan Eubanks; she described its end as “the best decision of [her] life”.
14. By the second season, Montag and Conrad’s friendship had deteriorated after the former began dating and later moved in with Spencer Pratt.
15. During the third season, Conrad ended her friendship with Montag after she suspected that Pratt was responsible for rumors of a sex tape involving her and her former boyfriend Jason Wahler; the ensuing feud carried through each subsequent season.
16. In August, she entered the music industry and began recording her debut studio album.
17. Later that month, the song “Body Language” was leaked on the internet, and featured an uncredited rap verse from Pratt.
18. The following month, she confirmed to Us Weekly that she had undergone a breast augmentation and rhinoplasty five months prior.
19. Montag’s first promotional single and its accompanying music video “Higher” were released in February 2008.
20. Montag collaborated with Anchor Blue to launch her first clothing line “Heidiwood” in April.
21. Her contract was not renewed the following year after the company decided against featuring celebrity endorsements in future advertising.
22. In January 2010, Montag revealed to People that she had undergone ten cosmetic surgery procedures in a single day two months prior, performed by Frank Ryan. Among the procedures were brow-lifts, ear-pinnings, a chin reduction, as well as a second rhinoplasty and second breast augmentation.
23. She commented that she almost died from too much Demerol, reducing her heart rate to five beats per minute.
24. Her debut studio album Superficial was digitally released later that month to an overwhelmingly negative critical response from critics.
25. The self-funded record cost nearly $2 million and sold approximately 1,000 copies in first-week downloads, failing to earn back the money spent making it.
26. After her exit from The Hills, Montag auditioned for the replacement of Megan Fox in the third installment of the Transformers series, but was ultimately not featured in the film.
27. In January 2013, Montag and Pratt as a single entity competed as housemates on the eleventh series of the British version of Celebrity Big Brother, where they notably developed a minor feud with singer and television personality Rylan Clark.
28. In 2017, Montag re-entered the Celebrity Big Brother with her husband. On day 18 the couple were eternally nominated by James Cosmo, which they did not have a good reaction to. They were saved in an 8-person eviction on day 22 however, they were evicted on day 25 against Kim Woodburn, Jessica Cunningham, Bianca Gascoigne and Jedward.