Wailmer is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into Wailord starting at level 40. Wailmer, along with Azurill and Kecleon, was one of the first Generation III Pokemon revealed, in early March 2001. Take a look below for 28 amazing and interesting facts about Wailmer.
1. Wailmer is a spherical whale Pokemon with no tail.
2. It has a dark blue topside and a tan underbelly with grooves.
3. It has two fins that have finger-like appendages, baleen plates that resemble teeth, and a blowhole on the top of its head.
4. Wailmer stores water inside its body, which it expels through its nostrils to startle people.
5. When storing water in its body, it can turn into a bouncing ball.
6. The more water filling its body, the higher it can bounce.
7. It becomes lethargic when it is dry.
8. It swims with its mouth open and eats tons of food a day, such as Wishiwashi.
9. It lives in the sea, and can only live on land for a short amount of time.
10. It occasionally bounces onto the beaches to play.
11. On rare occasions, pods can be seen washed up on shore due to memories of once living on land.
12. Dhelmise along with Sharpedo are natural predators to Wailmer.
13. Wailmer and its evolved form’s Egg Group combination (Field and Water 2) is unique.
14. Wailmer is the only Generation III Pokémon with a TCG card containing dot codes for an e-Reader application.
15. In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Wailmer is the only Pokémon with a unique Surf model without any modified traversing features.
16. Wailmer is based on a baleen whale with aspects of a beach ball.
17. Wailmer may be a combination of whale and mer (French for sea). Wail may also refer to the sounds or songs that whales and this Pokémon might make.
18. A Wailmer appeared in The Great Eight Fate!, under the ownership of Juan. It was one of his Pokémon used in the Sootopolis City Water Exhibit. It and Juan’s other Pokémon were captured by Team Rocket, but they all worked together to escape.
19. A Wailmer appeared in Island Time. It befriended Robin, a man who was living on an uncharted island. The Ball Whale Pokémon eventually evolved into a Wailord in order to transport Robin, Ash, and his friends to a ship heading to Ever Grande City. However, Robin later decided that he wanted to go back to the island.
20. A Coordinator’s Wailmer appeared in Pruning a Passel of Pals!, where it was seen taking part in the Battle Stage of the Wallace Cup. It went up against Dawn’s Buneary and lost, allowing Dawn to advance forward in the Contest.
21. A Wailmer appeared in Leading a Stray!. It was trapped in the sewers, but it was rescued by Ash, who later helped it rejoin its family in the ocean. It evolved into a Wailord in the same episode.
22. Two Poké Ride Wailmer appeared in Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!, both of which Professor Kukui, Kiawe, and Sophocles used to travel around Melemele Island.
23. A Wailmer appeared in The Island Whisperer!, where it was attacked by a Bruxish’s Psychic powers and was subsequently stuck in-between a rock formation in the sea.
24. Wailmer debuted in a cameo in Pikachu’s PikaBoo.
25. A Wailmer appeared in Pokémon Heroes: Latios & Latias, under the ownership of Ross. It was used during the Tour de Alto Mare, where it and Ross came in second while Misty and her Corsola came in first by a mere centimeter.
26. Two Wailmer made their main series debut in Johto Photo Finish, during Harrison’s explanation of the Hoenn region.
27. Multiple Wailmer made a cameo appearance in Hoenn Alone!, where they were seen swimming in the ocean.
28. A Wailmer appeared in the opening sequence of Destiny Deoxys.