Azurill is a dual type Normal and Fairy baby Pokemon introduced in Generation III. Prior to Generation VI, it was a pure Normal type Pokemon. It evolves into Marill when leveled up with high friendship, which evolves into Azumarill starting at level 18. Azurill, along with Wailmer and Kecleon, was one of the first Generation III Pokemon reveled, in early March 2001. Take a look below for 28 awesome and fascinating facts about Azurill.
1. Azurill is a round, blue mouse Pokemon.
2. It has circular ears with pink insides.
3. There are two white dots on its cheeks, and it has black eyes.
4. Its thin, black, zigzagging tail has a large blue ball at the end.
5. The ball is bouncy and packed with the nutrients it needs to be able to grow.
6. The ball can also be used as a flotation device.
7. It can be seen bouncing and playing on this rubbery tail.
8. The tail can also be spun around like a lasso.
9. When the tail is thrown, the body can go as far as 33 feet (10 meters).
10. It uses its tail for fighting opponents bigger than itself.
11. It lives at the water’s edge.
12. Azurill has the lowest base stat total of all Normal- and Fairy-type Pokémon.
13. Azurill is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 190.
14. Azurill is tied with Togepi and Marill for the lowest base Attack of all Fairy-type Pokémon.
15. Azurill and Marill both have the lowest base Special Attack of all Fairy-type Pokémon.
16. With Huge Power, Azurill can reach the highest Attack stat of all baby Pokémon, capping at a maximum of 304.
17. Prior to Generation VI, because Azurill’s gender ratio does not match that of its evolved forms and its evolution is not dependent on gender, being female 75% of the time while Marill and Azumarill are female only 50% of the time, one out of three female Azurill evolves into a male Marill (depending on its personality value). Azurill is the only Pokémon to do this. From Generation VI on, Azurill retains its gender upon evolving, despite the gender ratios still differing.
18. Azurill has the lowest base stat total of all baby Pokémon.
19. Azurill is the only Pokémon which evolves through friendship whose evolved form evolves by level.
20. Azurill is the shortest Normal-type Pokémon.
21. Azurill appears to be a mouse combined with a beach ball or possibly a personal flotation device or lifebuoy. The idea of Azurill storing nutrients in its tail may come from the mouse-like fat-tailed dunnart; this marsupial’s carrot-shaped tail stores nutrition in the form of fat for times of scarcity.
22. Azurill is a combination of azure (a shade of blue) or azul (Spanish and Portuguese for blue) and rill (a small river or brook). Its name may also be derived from its evolutions, Marill and Azumarill.
23. Misty was revealed to own an Azurill in The Scheme Team. She carried it in her arms in the same way as her Togetic when it was a Togepi.
24. Azurill debuted in Pikachu’s PikaBoo as one of the Pokémon that played hide-and-seek with Pikachu.
25. Azurill made its main series debut in A Ruin with a View, where May was in pursuit of the Polka Dot Pokémon. She ultimately failed to catch it, and her Torchic ended up getting sprayed into submission by some of Azurill’s companions, which were also its evolved forms.
26. An Azurill is one of the best friends of the Pichu Brothers. It appeared in Big Meowth, Little Dreams.
27. An Azurill appeared in The Great Eight Fate!, under the ownership of Juan. It was one of his Pokémon used in the Sootopolis City Water Exhibit. It and Juan’s other Pokémon were captured by Team Rocket, but they all worked together to escape. It reappeared in a flashback in the next episode.
28. An Azurill appeared in The Brockster Is In!, under the ownership of Normajean. It was among the Pokémon poisoned by a group of wild Tentacruel but where saved thanks to Brock’s Chansey and Softboiled.