Watchog is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Patrat starting at level 20. Take a look below for 27 interesting and fun facts about Watchog.
1. Watchog is an upright, meerkat like Pokemon with large cheeks and a single, pointed incisor sticking out of its mouth.
2. It is mainly reddish brown with beige cheeks and neck.
3. There is yellow striping on its chest and tail.
4. Its hands, feet, and tail tip are white.
5. Its red eyes have small black pupils and a yellow stripe.
6. Black markings accentuate the eyes at their outer ends.
7. Its tail is almost exclusively depicted standing up straight, although it can also be kept in a relaxed position.
8. There are luminescent compounds in Watchog’s body that allow its stripes and eyes to glow.
9. It uses this ability to threaten predators.
10. Its cheeks can hold a large amount of seeds, which it collects and spits at its opponents.
11. Watchog possess night vision and can view its surroundings in the darkness.
12. In Black and White, Watchog was the only Pokémon to have the same EV yield as its pre-evolution, and the only evolved Pokémon to only give a single EV, giving one EV in Attack.
13. Watchog is the only evolved Pokémon with a catch rate of 255.
14. Watchog is based on a groundhog and possibly a meerkat or prarie dog. Its design is also based on a road worker, with the body resembling a protective suit and the yellow stripes forming a safety vest.
15. Watchog is a combination of watch and groundhog. It may also be a play on watchdog, a dog used to guard.
16. A Watchog debuted in A Night in the Nacrene City Museum!, under the ownership of Lenora. This also marked the species’ debut. It first used its Illuminate Ability to reveal Yamask’s presence. It then battled Ash in a Gym battle in The Battle According to Lenora!, where it defeated his Oshawott with Thunderbolt. It appeared again in Rematch at the Nacrene Gym!, where it was defeated by Oshawott’s Aqua Jet.
17. Three Watchog appeared in Emolga and the New Volt Switch!. They resided in an apple tree, and attacked Emolga, Axew, and Oshawott when they tried to retrieve some apples for Emolga. However, they enraged a Simisear in the process, and were scared away by its Flamethrower.
18. A male Watchog appeared in Cilan Versus Trip, Ash Versus Georgia!, under the ownership of Jimmy Ray. He lost to Iris’s Emolga during the first round of the Club Battle after he was hit by Attract and then Hidden Power.
19. A Watchog appeared in Evolution by Fire!, under the ownership of Kylan. It battled Shamus in a Double Battle along with a Mienshao, but both were defeated.
20. A Watchog appeared in Curtain Up, Unova League!, under the ownership of Mikael. It battled Bianca’s Emboar during the qualifying round of the Vertress Conference, and lost in the next episode.
21. A Watchog appeared in The Pokémon Harbor Patrol!, where it was a member of a rescue team managed by a harbor patrolman named Halsey. While originally used only for crowd control and as a lookout, Watchog, with the help of N, proved itself to be a capable and valuable asset to its team.
22. A Watchog appeared in Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness!, under the ownership of Mrs. Ripple. She used it as a guard to watch over her jewels.
23. A Trainer’s Watchog appeared in Iris’s flashback in Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!.
24. Two Trainers’ Watchog made cameo appearances in Cilan Takes Flight!.
25. Multiple Watchog appeared in Climbing the Tower of Success!, with one under the ownership of a Trainer and the rest being wild.
26. A Trainer’s Watchog appeared in Rocking the Virbank Gym! Part 1, where it was revealed to have lost to Roxie in a Gym battle.
27. Multiple Watchog appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice during the Swords of Justice legend.