Danielle Riley Keough, born May 29, 1989, is an American actress, model and producer. She’s the daughter of singer-songwriter Lisa Marie Presley with Danny Keough, and the eldest grandchild of Elvis and Priscilla Presley. Take a look below for 26 more fun and interesting facts about Riley Keough.
1. Keough is best known for her collaborations with director Steven Soderbergh, having appeared in his movies Magic Mike and Logan Lucky, as well as having starred in the first season of the Soderbergh producer television series The Girlfriend Experience.
2. For her performance as Christine Reade, a law student who moonlights as an escort, Keough earned a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series of Motion Picture Made for Television.
3. She’s known for her role in George Miller’s Mad Max: Fury Road and for her extensive work in independent movies.
4. She appeared in Andrea Arnold’s American Honey in 2016, for which she received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Supporting Female.
5. Keough was born in Santa Monica, California.
6. She has one brother, Benjamin Storm Keough, and two half-sisters, twins Harper and Finley, from her mother’s fourth marriage to Michael Lockwood.
7. She has Creek and Cherokee heritage.
8. She’s the former stepdaughter of Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage.
9. Keough appeared on the cover of Vogue with her mother Lisa Marie Presley and her grandmother Priscilla Presley.
10. She was Maid of Honor at her mother’s wedding to Michael Lockwood.
11. She beat Lindsay Lohan for the role of “Nora” in Magic Mike.
12. Despite starting a successful and lucrative modeling career as a teenager, which has since led on to acting roles, Riley expressed a wish to be a professional photographer on an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, on which she appeared with her mother, Lisa Marie Presley.
13. She appeared in her mother’s 2005 music video, “Idiot.” She’s the blonde pedestrian, who Lisa Marie Presley bumps into, as she is charging down the street, later in the song.
14. On February 4, 2015, Keough married her boyfriend of a year Ben Smith-Petersen in Napa, California, following a 5 month long engagement. They met on the set of Mad Max: Fury Road.
15. Her friend is actress Dakota Johnson, who, like her, is a third generation actress. Dakota was a bridesmaid at Riley’s wedding to Ben in 2015.
16. In 2010, at the age of 20, Keough made her film debut in The Runaways, based on the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name. Keough portrayed the role of Marie Currie, the sister to Cherie Currie, the band’s lead singer, who was portrayed by Dakota Fanning.
17. In April 2011, Keough starred as the female lead in the drama The Good Doctor, alongside Orlando Bloom and Taraji P. Henson.
18. Keough co-starred in the independent drama Yellow, alongside Sienna Miller, Luke Wilson and David Morse.
19. She appeared in director So Yong Kim’s short movie Spark and Light, which was commissioned by the fashion brand Miu Miu in 2014.
20. In October 2013, she co-starred in the video for Justin Timberlake’s “TKO,” portraying a bitter girlfriend who knocks out Timberlake and ties him to the back of a pick-up truck, dragging him through the desert and throwing him off a cliff.
21. In 2016, Keough appeared in Andrea Arnold’s movie American Honey, alongside Shia Laboeuf. The movie premiered in competition at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, where it won the Jury Prize.
22. In the summer of 2016, she co-starred in the thriller horror movie It Comes at Night, opposite Joel Edgerton and Christopher Abbott, and directed by Trey Edward Shults.
23. In August 2017, it was announced that Keough had launched a production company called Felix Culpa with producer Gina Gammell.
24. She has appeared in Steven Soderbergh’s heist comedy Logan Lucky, and will appear in Justin Kelly’s Welcome the Stranger, opposite Abbey Lee and Caleb Landry Jones.
25. She is set to appear in Hold the Dark, which is directed by Jeremy Saulnier.
26. Keough is set to appear in The House That Jack Built, which is directed by Lars Von Trier.