Pidgeot is a dual type Normal and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Pidgeotto starting at level 36. It is the final form of Pidgey. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Pidgeot using the Pidgeotite. Take a look below for 26 fun and fascinating facts about Pidgeot.
1. Pidgeot is an avian Pokemon with large wings, sharp talons, and a short, hooked beak.
2. Its glossy plumage is mostly brown with cream-colored underparts and flight feathers.
3. Its head has a decorated crest that is nearly as long as its body.
4. The center feathers of its crest are yellow, while the outer feathers are red.
5. The fan-like feathers of its tail are red or brown.
6. Its beak and legs are pink, and there three forward-facing toes and one backward-facing toe on each foot.
7. Behind each eye is an angular black marking.
8. Pidgeot grows noticeably when it Mega Evolves developing a larger body and longer, broader wings. Its wingtips and tail feathers are tipped with blue, and its cream coloring is now white. Its eyes turn red and its pupils turn white.
9. Mega Pidgeot has an even more elaborate crest on its head, with a streamer-like red plume extending from a mane of yellow feathers. A red feather projects from the front of its crest and a there is a single red highlight on the left side.
10. The crest is sensitive to air currents, acting like a large antenna and stabilizing Mega Pidgeot’s flight. Additionally, its increased wing power allows it to fly for two weeks without rest.
11. Pidgeot’s powerful wings are capable of stirring up windstorms in just a few flaps, and it may spread its wings to intimidate enemies.
12. This Pokémon is capable of flying faster than the speed of sound.
13. Its plumage is often described as beautiful, making it a popular choice for skilled Trainers. Gust and Feather Dance are its former signature moves.
14. Pidgeot typically dwells in temperate forests with thick growth and large trees. It is known to prey on Magikarp, which it can spot from great heights.
15. Pidgeot is depicted with red and yellow tail feathers in its official Generation I artwork, while the Generation III artwork depicts red ones only. This discrepancy is expressed in numerous ways in Pidgeot’s in-game sprites and anime depictions.
16. When rebattling Gym Leaders in HeartGold and SoulSilver, both Falkner and Blue have a Pidgeot as their highest-leveled Pokémon.
17. Mega Pidgeot is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 579.
18. Mega Pidgeot is tied with Drampa and Porygon-Z for the highest base Special Attack stat of all Normal-type Pokémon.
19. Despite its name, Pidgeot’s appearance and behavior do not resemble a pigeon so much as that of a bird of prey, especially an osprey or an eagle.
20. In particular, its Shiny coloration resembles a golden eagle.
21. Its eye markings strongly resemble the Sun and Sky gods of Egyptian mythology, Ra and Horus.
22. Pidgeot and Pigeot are combinations of pigeon and jet (referring to its great speeds).
23. Ash had a Pidgeot that he caught as a Pidgeotto early in his journey during Ash Catches a Pokémon. In Pallet Party Panic!, the same Spearow Ash had thrown a rock at in the first episode returned with its flock, but it had evolved into a Fearow. The flock attacked Ash, so Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot to battle Fearow. After Pidgeot defeated Fearow, Pidgeot left Ash’s party to watch over a local flock of Pidgey and Pidgeotto. Ash promised to return for it someday, although this promise remains to be fulfilled.
24. A Pidgeot appeared in Mewtwo Strikes Back, under the ownership of Corey. It was one of the Pokémon captured and cloned by Mewtwo. It was referred to as a Pidgeotto due to a dubbing error. The Pidgeot clone was seen again in Mewtwo Returns.
25. A giant Pidgeot appeared in Bound for Trouble as a resident of Fairchild Island. Its size was due to there being excessive quantities of food on the island. Pidgeot snatched Meowth and Pikachu when they got tethered together.
26. A Pidgeot appeared in Fighting Flyer with Fire, under the ownership of Falkner. It is his main Pokémon. Falkner used it in his Gym battle against Ash, where it battled and defeated Pikachu with a single Whirlwind attack. It was later defeated by Charizard following a lengthy battle, earning Ash the Zephyr Badge.