Chansey is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Happiny when leveled up holding an Oval Stone during the day and evolves into Blissey when leveled up with high friendship. Take a look below for 26 fun and fascinating facts about Chansey.
1. Chansey is a pink, ovoid Pokemon with stubby arms and dark pink feet.
2. It has tiny eyes and three hair-like growths on each side of its head.
3. The tufts of hair have dark pink tips.
4. On the center of its belly is a dark pink pouch that contains a single white egg.
5. The egg is said to be very nutritious and it lays a several new ones every day. Finally, it has a short tail.
6. Chansey is a female-only species with no male counterpart.
7. A kindhearted Pokémon, Chansey will share its eggs with injured people and Pokémon.
8. This is the basis for its signature move, Soft-Boiled.
9. The eggs become more delicious if Chansey is raised with love and care.
10. Due to its egg being overharvested, Chansey is extremely rare in the wild and is said to bring good luck and happiness to those who manage to catch it.
11. Fleeing from those seeking its egg has made it a fast runner.
12. It is more commonly found in urban settings.
13. Chansey is the only Pokémon capable of using the Lucky Punch item.
14. In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Chansey was originally known as “Lucky”, which also happens to be its romanized Japanese name.
15. Chansey shares its category name with Exeggcute. They are both known as the Egg Pokémon.
16. Chansey’s HP increase is the largest single stat increase after evolving, at 150 points.
17. Chansey ties with Happiny for the lowest base Attack and Defense of all Pokémon, both at five.
18. Chansey received the biggest decrease to its Special stat in Generation II, losing 70 points of Special Attack.
19. Chansey’s tendency to carry eggs in a pouch is much like a monotreme or marsupial, but may also simply be based on a general concept of females and motherhood.
20. As the Pokédex mentions its frequent laying of nutritious eggs, Chansey may also be based on chickens or other poultry, and its “ears” give it the semblance of an axolotl.
21. Chansey is a corruption of chance and chancy. It may refer to Chansey’s rarity and/or the chance of a successful catch.
22. The Nurse Joys of the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions, as well as the Orange Islands, are known to mainly use Chansey at their Pokémon Centers. The first appearance of such a Chansey was in Pokémon Emergency!.
23. In The Brockster Is In!, Brock’s Happiny evolved into Chansey during an attempt to feed a Pichu.
24. A Chansey appeared in Pokémon Fashion Flash as one of Suzie’s clients in her salon. She reappeared in a flashback in Beauty and the Breeder.
25. Two Chansey appeared in A Chansey Operation, under the temporary ownership of Doctor Proctor; both of them were on loan from a local Nurse Joy.
26. A Chansey appeared in Cutting the Ties that Bind, under the ownership of Spenser. He used her to heal Ash’s Sceptile with Heal Bell after he saved Ash from Team Rocket.