Cacturne is a dual type Grass and Dark Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Cacnea starting at level 32. Take a look below for 19 fascinating and interesting facts about Cacturne.
1. Cacturne is a humanoid, bipedal Pokemon that resembles a green scarecrow made of cacti.
2. Its face has two eye holes through which yellow eyes can be seen, and six smaller holes representing a grinning mouth.
3. It has numerous spikes along the length of its arms, legs, and around its neck.
4. A pattern of green rhombi extends down the front of its body.
5. A female has a large dark green rhombus above a smaller one, while a male has three small dark green rhombi.
6. There is triangular, dark green feature on its head that resembles a hat with spiky tips.
7. Cacturne is a nocturnal Pokémon that rarely moves during the day, which allows it to hold moisture.
8. At night, it searches for prey or follows travelers until they become exhausted.
9. It has lived in deserts for so long that its blood has transformed into sand.
10. With its thorny arms, it is able to use its former signature move, Needle Arm.
11. Cacturne and its pre-evolution’s Egg Group (Grass and Human-Like) are unique.
12. Cacturne is based on a cactus, possibly the saguaro, and a scarecrow.
13. It could be associated with the nighttime because cacti are known as night (CAM) plants, since their carbon dioxide fixation process occurs during the night.
14. Its face is similar to a classic Halloween jack-o’-lantern, referencing the tendency for scarecrows to have pumpkins for heads.
15. Cacturne and Noctus are a combination of cactus and nocturnal.
16. Cacturne made its main series debut in A Cacturne for the Worse, under the ownership of Harley. It has been his signature Pokémon ever since.
17. Cacturne debuted in a cameo appearance in Destiny Deoxys, under the ownership of a Trainer.
18. Cacturne first appears in Talk About Timing, Treecko, under the ownership of Wally. He was first seen when he was rowing a boat during a flood caused by Kyogre.
19. The Battle Tower rented a Cacturne, which was stolen by Guile Hideout in The Final Battle VII.