Christopher Chace Crawford is an American actor, known for his portrayal of Nate Archibald on The CW’s teen drama series “Gossip Girl.” He is also known for starring in the films “The Covenant,” “The Haunting of Molly Hartley,” “Twelve” and “What to Expect When You’re Expecting.” Take a look below for 26 more fun and fascinating facts about Chace Crawford.
1. Crawford was born in Lubbock, Texas.
2. His father, Chris, is a dermatologist, and his mother, Dana, is a teacher.
3. He has a younger sister, former beauty queen Candice Crawford.
4. Crawford was raised a Southern Baptist.
5. While his father was a medical student, Chace lived in Bloomington, Minnesota, for four years, attending Ridgeview Elementary School.
6. When his father completed his training, the family moved back to Texas and settled in Plano, a suburb of Dallas.
7. Crawford was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder as a child.
8. During high school, he worked in an Abercrombie & Fitch store and modeled for Hollister.
9. He graduated from Trinity Christian Academy in Addison, Texas, in 2003.
10. Following Wimbledon’s graduation, Crawford attended Pepperdine University, studying broadcast journalism and marketing, but dropped out after a few semesters to focus on his acting career.
11. He temporarily worked as a car valet to make ends meet.
12. Crawford made his film debut in the 2006 supernatural horror-thriller “The Covenant,” as Tyler Simms.
13. In March 2007, he landed the role of main character Nate Archibald on The CW’s teen drama series “Gossip Girl,” making his television debut.
14. In 2008, Crawford co-starred in the crime-thriller “Loaded,” and portrayed the lead role in the supernatural horror film “The Haunting of Molly Hartley.”
15. The following year, he played English singer-songwriter Leona Lewis’ boyfriend in the video for her single “I Will Be”, which was released in January 2009.
16. Crawford has also done a public service announcement for Do Something’s Teens for Jeans campaign.
17. He then portrayed the lead role, a drug dealer named White Mike, in the film “Twelve,” directed by Joel Schumacher. Based on Nick McDonell’s novel of the same name, the film premiered at Sundance Film Festival on January 31, 2010.
18. He was tapped to play the lead in the remake of “Footloose,” even beginning rehearsals for the role, before dropping out after a number of weeks.
19. In January 2014, Crawford signed on to guest star as Biff McIntosh, Quinn Fabray’s new boyfriend, on the 100th episode of the Fox comedy-drama series “Glee,” which aired on March 18, 2014.
20. In April 2014, it was reported that Crawford had landed the lead role of Jacob Martin in the psychological thriller film “Eloise,” directed by Robert Legato and written by Chris Borrelli.
21. In 2016, Crawford played the role Arthur Barone in the independent sports comedy-drama film “Undrafted,” written and directed by Joe Mazzello. Based on the true story of a promising young baseball player, the project was filmed at Dunsmore Park in La Crescenta, California.
22. In April 2016, it was announced that Crawford had landed the role of Egon in the comedy film “I Do…Until I Don’t” opposite Amber Heard and Ed Helms.
23. In March 2017, it was announced that Crawford had joined the cast of the comedy show “Casual” in the recurring role of Byron.
24. In January 2018, it was announced that Crawford has been cast as The Deep in “The Boys,” Amazon Studios adaptation of Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson comic book with the same name.
25. Crawford shared an apartment with his “Gossip Girl” co-star Ed Westwick in Chelsea, Manhattan, at the beginning of the series in 2007 until July 2009, when Crawford moved out to rent an apartment in the Wall Street area.
26. In 2018, he was cast in the thriller film “Charlie Says” as murderer Tex Watson.