Elizabeth Chase Olsen, born February 16, 1989, is an American actress. Her breakthrough came in 2011 when she starred in the independent thriller drama Martha Marcy May Marlene, for which she was nominated for the Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Female Lead, among other awards. Take a look below for 25 more fun and interesting facts about Elizabeth Chase Olsen.
1. Olsen starred in the movies Silent House, Liberal Arts, Oldboy, Godzilla, I Saw the Light, Ingrid Goes West, and Wind River.
2. Since 2014, Olsen has portrayed the superhero Scarlet Witch in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
3. She was born in Sherman Oaks, California, to Jarnette “Jarnie”, a personal manager, and David “Dave” Olsen, a real estate developer and mortgage banker.
4. She’s the younger sister of twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who became noted at an early age as TV and film stars.
5. Olsen also has an older brother, Trent, and two younger half-siblings.
6. The Olsens have Norwegian and English ancestry.
7. As a child, Olsen received ballet and singing lessons. She also began acting at a young age, with appearances in her sisters’ movies.
8. Before the age of 11, Olsen had small roles in How the West Was Fun and the straight-to-video series The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley.
9. Having appeared in her sisters’ videos, when she was in fourth grade, Olsen began to go on auditions for other projects.
10. She attended Campbell Hall School in North Hollywood, California, from kindergarten through grade 12.
11. After graduation from high school, Olsen enrolled at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
12. In 2009, Olsen spent a semester studying in Moscow at the Moscow Art Theater School through the MATS program at the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center.
13. She was cast as the lead in Martha Marcy May Marlene just two weeks before shooting.
14. Growing up, her favorite actress and role model was Michelle Pfeiffer. She got to meet Michelle while she was on the set of I Am Sam.
15. One of her favorite movies growing up was Tremors.
16. Olsen was voted number 94 on Ask Men’s “Most Desirable Woman of 2012” list.
17. She almost quit acting in 2004 due to the media frenzy surrounding Mary-Kate’s eating disorder.
18. Olsen appeared in the horror movie remake Silent House, in which she played the role of Sarah. The movie received mixed reviews, but Olsen’s performance was praised.
19. Olsen appeared in the music video “The Queen” by Carlotta.
20. She filmed the movie Red Lights in mid-2011, and it was released in the United States on July 13, 2012.
21. In January 2013, Olsen was nominated for the BAFTA Rising Star Award.
22. She co-starred in the 2013 American remake of the 2003 South Korean movie Oldboy. She played Marie, a young social worker who developed a relationship with the protagonist, who was played by Josh Brolin.
23. She played Edie Parker, Jack Kerouac’s first wife and the author of the Beat Generation memoir You’ll Be Okay, in Kill Your Darlings.
24. In 2013, Olsen portrayed the leading role in In Secret, which is an adaption of Emile Zola’s 1868 classic novel Therese Raquin.
25. In September 2014, it was announced that Olsen would portray Audrey Williams, Hank William’s wife, manager and duet partner in the upcoming 2015 biopic movie Sat the Light, which will be directed by Marc Abraham and will be starring Tom Hiddleston as Hank Williams.