Joltik is a dual-type Bug/Electric Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves into Galvantula starting at level 36. Take a look below for 24 fascinating and awesome facts about Joltik.
1. At 4 inches tall, Joltik is one of the smallest Pokemon in existence.
2. It has four legs tipped with blue, conical feet.
3. Its ovoid body is completely covered in yellow fur, with notable tufts sticking out on each side of its face, just over each eye, and its lower back.
4. Joltik has four blue eyes.
5. The two larger eyes are set relatively far apart on its face, containing black pupils.
6. The two smaller simple eyes are situated between the first pair, slightly higher up on its face.
7. Joltik’s mandibles point downward and reside at the bottom of its face, where they closely resemble tufts of hair.
8. Joltik is too small to generate its own electricity, so it attaches itself to larger Pokémon and feeds off their static electricity.
9. More than often it prefers sticking on Yamper’s hindquarters.
10. It will also make its way into houses and feed off electricity in electrical sockets.
11. All of the energy it absorbs it stores in an electric pouch on its body.
12. As seen in the anime, Joltik is not especially aggressive, but will defend itself if bothered.
13. It has been demonstrated that if Joltik is unable to find a source of energy, it will be unable to move and in serious danger.
14. Joltik, and its evolution Galvantula, are the only Pokémon that can learn Electroweb by leveling up.
15. Joltik is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 319.
16. Joltik is tied with Flabébé, Cutiefly, Comfey, Cosmoem, and Sinistea as the smallest Pokémon.
17. Joltik was designed by Saya Tsuruta.
18. Joltik’s Pokédex entries state that it latches onto larger Pokémon to drain their static electricity, so it may be based on a tick. It may also be based on a jumping spider or, like its evolved form, a tarantula.
19. Its Electric typing may derive from a recently confirmed hypothesis that spiders exploit electricity in the atmosphere (along with wind) to ‘fly’ or balloon using their silk.
20. Joltik may be a combination of jolt and tick.
21. Joltik debuted in Oshawott’s Lost Scalchop!, where it was accidentally mistaken as Ash’s Oshawott’s missing scalchop. When Oshawott put it on his stomach, the angry Joltik started to shock Oshawott until it was taken off.
22. A Joltik appeared in Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!, under the ownership of Sylvester. He used it to battle Georgia during the first round of the Club Battle tournament. They lost when Beartic fell on top of Joltik despite it using a creative strategy in which it attached itself to Beartic’s hide and used Thunderbolt on it.
23. Multiple Joltik appeared in Crisis at Chargestone Cave!. They and a horde of Galvantula stole electricity from Pokémon and objects to feed on because the rocks in the Chargestone Cave that they normally fed on were being stolen by Team Rocket. They reappeared in a flashback in Battling the Bully!.
24. A Joltik appeared in The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!, where it played a major role.