Alomomola is a Water-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Take a look below for 23 fun and amazing facts about Alomomola.
1. Alomomola is a pink fish like Pokemon with darker pink markings on its heart shaped body and fins.
2. It has large dorsal and ventral fins resembling hands, each divided into four sections and tipped with a paler pink.
3. The shape of the Pokémon resembles an ocean sunfish, as it lacks a proper tail fin.
4. Its eyes are round with golden irises and a mark that appears to be an eyelash extending up and back toward the rest of the body.
5. It lives in the open seas.
6. If it finds an injured Pokémon floating at sea, Alomomola will heal the Pokémon’s wounds and carry it back to shore.
7. It heals Pokémon using its special membrane enveloping its entire body.
8. Alomomola’s name is a palindrome.
9. In the dub of the Sun & Moon series, Alomomola’s name is mispronounced as Alolamola, possibly due to its similarity to the name of the series’ setting, Alola.
10. Alomomola represents March in the Unova horoscope.
11. Alomomola was the first non-Legendary Generation V Pokémon to appear in an episode of the anime.
12. Alomomola appears to be a combination of an ocean sunfish and a heart representing health. Due to its hand-like fins and heart shaped body, it may have been inspired by the Claddagh ring.
13. Its ability to heal other Pokémon may be inspired by the doctor fish.
14. The fact that it wraps itself in a special membrane might be a reference to a parrotfish, or the nourishing secretions of the discus fish. Alomomola being found in locations with the Jellicent line, reflects the ocean sunfish’s diet of jellyfish.
15. Alomomola is a combination of Mola mola (scientific name for the ocean sunfish) and mom (referring to its status as the Caring Pokémon). It may also refer to aloha, Hawaiian for love/affection, referenced by Alomomola’s heart-like shape and the ocean sunfish’s preference to tropical areas, such as Hawaii.
16. A wild Alomomola debuted in In The Shadow of Zekrom!. It was the first Pokémon in the Unova region that Ash saw.
17. Two Alomomola appeared in The Name’s N!. N asked for them to use Refresh on Pikachu, who was suffering from Paralysis.
18. An Ally Alomomola appeared in Big Sky, Small Fry!, where it was trying to assist a Totem Wishwashi during Lana’s trial.
19. An Alomomola made a cameo in A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition!, where it was hooked by a competitor in Team Rocket’s fake fishing contest.
20. Multiple Alomomola appeared in White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram.
21. An Alomomola appeared in a flashback in The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!.
22. Multiple Alomomola appeared in Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 1 and Part 2.
23. An Alomomola appeared in All for the Love of Meloetta!.