Talonflame is a dual-type Fire/Flying Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Fletchinder starting at level 35. It is the final form of Fletchling. Take a look below for 24 fascinating and amazing facts about Talonflame.
1. Talonflame is an avian Pokemon that closely resembles a falcon.
2. Red-orange plumage covers is head, wings, and most of its chest and back before tapering off into a flame pattern.
3. Its underside and hindquarters are gray and the tips of its long, pointed wings are black.
4. Orange spots speckle its underside.
5. Large yellow talons extend from the shaggy feathers on its legs.
6. Talonflame has a pointed crest atop its head and black-and-yellow mask-like markings around its eyes.
7. Its black beak is hooked with a yellow cere.
8. It also has long black tailfeathers marked with three yellow V-shapes.
9. The tail ends in two points and has another feather sticking out of the base on each side, resembling of the fletching on the end of an arrow.
10. Talonflame feeds on other bird Pokémon, such as Wingull and Pikipek.
11. It hunts by diving and attacking its prey with kicks before grasping them with its talons.
12. When it dives, it can reach speeds of 310 miles per hour (500 kilometers per hour).
13. It showers embers from the gaps in its feathers as it soars through the sky.
14. Its wings are fireproof and have been used to make firefighter outfits in the past.
15. Talonflame is the first Pokémon to be confirmed to have more than five katakana characters in its Japanese name.
16. Talonflame is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 499.
17. Talonflame appears to be based on the peregrine falcon, with some traits from other birds of prey like the red kite and goshawk that may have served as inspiration. Its crest may be inspired by bazas.
18. Talonflame may be a combination of talon and flame.
19. Ash’s Fletchinder evolved into a Talonflame in A Legendary Photo Op! while protecting him and his friends from a Moltres.
20. Talonflame debuted in Battles in the Sky!, under the ownership of Moria. She used it in a Sky Battle against a Sky Trainer’s Skarmory and won. Later, it beat Ash’s Hawlucha before having a battle against Fletchling; during this battle, it lost when Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder.
21. A Talonflame appeared during a flashback in The Legend of X, Y, and Z!, under the ownership of Jan. When Jan came across Yveltal, Talonflame was sent out to attack it, only to be turned to stone by Oblivion Wing.
22. A Trainer’s Talonflame appeared in Battle Royal 151!, where it competed in the Battle Royal preliminary round of the Manalo Conference but was defeated by Gladion’s Silvally.
23. A soldier’s Talonflame appeared in The Redemption, during a fantasy of a story from the past. It was one of the many Pokémon fighting in the great war of Kalos 3,000 years previously.
24. Talonflame appeared as a card played by Manabu.