Skrelp is a dual-type Poison/Water Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves into Dragalge starting at level 48. Take a look below for 18 fun and interesting facts about Skrelp.
1. Skrelp is a brown aquatic Pokemon that resembles a common sea dragon.
2. It has a purple face and neck, red eyes rimmed with black, a tubular, upturned snout, a leaf-like pectoral fin on either side of its head, and a large, roundish lump on top of its head.
3. A light blue, round growth is attached to the back of its head by a thin brown stem.
4. Its back has a slight hunch with a blunt spike.
5. On either side of its body is a rounded, light blue fin and it has a striated, purple belly.
6. Its tail is composed of three leaf-like fins.
7. Skrelp is a poor swimmer, so it camouflages itself as seaweed to hide from enemies while storing power for evolution.
8. It also uses this technique to hide from prey, which it sprays with liquid poison when approached.
9. However, its main source of food is rotten seaweed.
10. Skrelp is known to coexist well with Dhelmise.
11. Skrelp and its evolution are the only Poison-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI.
12. Skrelp appears to be based on a weedy seadragon.
13. Skrelp may be a combination of scrawny and kelp.
14. Multiple Skrelp debuted in An Undersea Place to Call Home!.
15. Ash and his friends were fishing when Ash accidentally hooked one of them, which ended up leaving Pikachu badly poisoned.
16. The other Skrelp were among the Pokémon who made their home in the wreckage of the S.S. Cussler.
17. A Skrelp appeared in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction.
18. In the X & Y chapter, Team Flare Admin Chalmers used multiple Skrelp along with a Dragalge to attack Gurkinn.