Joshua Browning Jackson is a Canadian actor. He is known for his starring role as Pacey Witter in the teen drama series Dawson’s Creek, Peter Bishop in the science fiction series Fringe, Cole Lockhart in the drama series The Affair, and Mickey Joseph in the drama miniseries When They See Us. Take a look below for 24 more awesome and interesting facts about Joshua Jackson.
1. Jackson was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, to parents John Carter and Fiona Jackson.
2. His mother is a casting director.
3. Jackson’s father is from Texas; and his mother is a native of Ballyfermot, Dublin, Ireland, having immigrated to North America in the late 1960s.
4. He has a younger sister, Aisleagh, and two older half brothers, Jonathan and Lyman.
5. He was raised Catholic.
6. Jackson grew up in California until the age of 8.
7. He moved to Vancouver with his mother and younger sister.
8. He attended Ideal Mini School and later switched to Kitsilano Secondary School.
9. In an interview with The New York Times, Jackson said he was kicked out of high school once because of The Jon Stewart Show: “[The show] played, at least where I grew up, at 1:30 in the morning, so I would stay up at night to watch Jon Stewart, but then I’d be too tired—or too lazy—to go to school in the morning. So I’d just take the first couple of classes off, ’cause I wanted to be fresh when I got there.”
10. He claims that the first time was because of “attitude” problems and that he “wasn’t in the school spirit”.
11. Jackson started acting in a small role in the film Crooked Hearts in 1991.
12. The next year, he played the role of Charlie in a musical version of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
13. At this point, with the help of the play’s casting director Laura Kennedy, he joined the William Morris Agency.
14. Soon after, he landed the role of Charlie (#96) in The Mighty Ducks series, playing a young and aspiring hockey player.
15. Joshua Jackson went on to appear as Pacey Witter on Dawson’s Creek, which ran on the WB network from 1998–2003, and also starred James Van Der Beek, Michelle Williams and Katie Holmes.
16. In 2000, he also guest-starred in Season 12 of The Simpsons, voicing the character of Jesse Grass, a “hunky environmentalist” and love interest for Lisa Simpson in the episode “Lisa the Tree Hugger”.
17. From 2008 to 2013, Jackson played the lead role of Peter Bishop in the science-fiction series Fringe, created by JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman.
18. Jackson was nominated for Genie Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for the film One Week.
19. He held and hosted Pacey-Con in 2010, directly across the street from the San Diego Comic-Con, sporting a bowling shirt and giving out fan fiction he wrote himself to those waiting in the Comic-Con entrance line.
20. Jackson was in a relationship with Dawson’s Creek co-star Katie Holmes during the first two seasons of the show’s run. Holmes claims Jackson was her first love.
21. Jackson began dating German actress Diane Kruger in 2006; the couple shared residences in Paris, Los Angeles and Vancouver.
22. Jackson and Kruger ended their relationship in 2016, after 10 years together.
23. He owns his childhood home in Topanga, California.
24. He previously lived in Wilmington, North Carolina, where Dawson’s Creek was filmed; and in New York, where Fringe filmed its first season. In 2009, he moved back to Vancouver for the shooting of the four following seasons before the show aired its last episode on January 18, 2013.