Larvitar is a dual type Rock and Ground Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves into Pupitar starting at level 30, which evolves into Tyranitar starting at level 55. Take a look below for 24 awesome and fascinating facts about Larvitar.
1. Larvitar is a small, green reptilian Pokemon with rocky skin.
2. It has a blunt spike on top of its head, a short, rounded snout, and triangular, black markings below and on the upper corners of its red eyes.
3. Red scales cover its diamond-shaped belly, and there are several small holes in its body.
4. Its short arms lack fingers, while its feet have a single toenail each.
5. It has a tail with a conical center surrounded by a ring of plate-like scales, causing it to resemble a tunnel-boring machine.
6. Larvitar is born deep underground, far from its parent.
7. It grows by consuming soil, and will enter its pupal stage upon eating an entire mountain’s worth of earth.
8. Larvitar usually lives in mountains, hills, and caves.
9. Larvitar’s sprite animation changed between Pokémon Diamond and Pearl and Pokémon Platinum, but its static sprite did not change.
10. Larvitar appears to share similarities with dinosaurs. Its penchant for eating mountains, fences, or probably anything else may also come from the legend of the Tarasque.
11. Larvitar is derived from larva.
12. Larvitar made its main series debut in Hatch Me If You Can. In the episode, Ash had a Larvitar that he hatched from an Egg given to him by Professor Elm, intended to be delivered to its mother living on Mt. Silver. Despite not being able to learn Harden in the games, it constantly used it when approached by anyone other than Ash or Pikachu prior to Mother of All Battles.
13. Larvitar debuted in Pikachu’s PikaBoo. Pikachu and its friends invited Larvitar and its own friends to a game of hide-and-seek, though Larvitar refused. Later, it felt left out and viciously kicked a rock at a lawnmower, which went ridiculously haywire, though the situation was eventually resolved.
14. A Larvitar appeared in Pinch Healing, where it was being babysat by a Poké-Sitter named Matt. Ash and his friends decided to help him with his job. The Larvitar was particularly shy and would use Sandstorm when confronted. By the end of the episode, however, it warmed up to the group, particularly May.
15. A Larvitar appeared in The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!, where it befriended Chris’s Cubchoo. It later joined Chris’s team at the end of the episode.
16. A Trainer’s Larvitar appeared in Off the Unbeaten Path, where it was participating in the Pokémon Orienteering competition.
17. A Larvitar appeared in Jessie’s fantasy in Three Jynx and a Baby!.
18. A Larvitar appeared in Not on MY Watch Ya Don’t!.
19. A Larvitar appeared in Jessie’s fantasy One Big Happiny Family!.
20. A Trainer’s Larvitar appeared in Challenging a Towering Figure!, where it battled Dawn’s Piplup during the Festival Battle Challenge.
21. A Larvitar appeared in Meloetta’s Moonlight Serenade.
22. Multiple Larvitar appeared in The Power of Us, with three under the ownership of different Trainers and the rest appearing during a flashback.
23. A Trainer’s Larvitar appeared in SM146.
24. Ash’s Larvitar appeared at the end of A Mysterious Egg!! after it hatched from its Egg.