Whiscash is a dual type Water and Ground Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Barboach starting at level 30. Take a look below for 24 amazing and interesting facts about Whiscash.
1. Whiscash is a dark blue, catfish like Pokemon with a yellow underbelly.
2. It has a cavernous mouth with light blue lips that have short, thin whiskers growing from the lower lips.
3. Long, yellow barbels grow from its cheeks, and there is a yellow marking on its forehead that resembles a W.
4. The light blue dorsal fin has a pattern of three spots arranged in a triangle, while its horizontal tail fin lacks spots.
5. Its pectoral fins and belly fins match its main body color.
6. It causes earthquakes that can extend for over three miles, and can predict when natural earthquakes will occur.
7. It lives at the bottom of ponds and swamps, and is territorial over them.
8. It eats anything that is alive, and has been shown in the anime to eat inanimate objects as well.
9. Whiscash and its pre-evolution are the only dual-type Water/Ground Pokémon who are not in the Water 1 Egg Group.
10. Whiscash may be based on Namazu, a catfish in Japanese mythology that caused earthquakes.
11. Since its pre-evolution appears to be based on a loach, it may also draw inspiration from loach catfish.
12. Whiscash may be a combination of whisker and mustache, referring to the long whiskers it has. Cash may also be a contraction of catfish.
13. Whiscash debuted in Whiscash and Ash. A fisherman named Sullivan had been hunting one nicknamed Nero for fifty years because of its huge size. After Ash had battled Nero and retrieved his Badge Case that it had eaten, Sullivan used it as his chance to finally catch Nero. However, even after using a Master Ball, Nero simply swallowed the Ball and swam away.
14. Multiple Whiscash were set to appear in an episode that would air between Solid as a Solrock and Vanity Affair. However, the episode ultimately never aired anywhere in the world due to an earthquake that occurred in Japan sometime before its scheduled air-date.
15. A Whiscash appeared in Eight Ain’t Enough!, under the ownership of Juan. It was the third Pokémon that he used for the second half of his Gym battle against Ash. The Whiskers Pokémon was able to defeat Corphish but was defeated by Swellow.
17. A Whiscash appeared in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, under the ownership of Lizabeth and her family. It was among the Water-type Pokémon used for their Marina Underwater Pokémon Show.
18. A Whiscash appeared in Drifloon On the Wind!.
19. A Whiscash appeared in One Big Happiny Family! in Jessie’s fantasy.
20. A Whiscash appeared in Strategy Begins at Home! while Team Rocket was fishing in a lake for Goldeen.
21. A Whiscash appeared in Securing the Future!, where it joined the rest of Alola in showering Necrozma with light so it could return to its normal form.
22. A Whiscash appeared in Pikachu’s Exciting Adventure!.
23. Mr. Briney owns a Whiscash. He uses it to predict the massive, constant earthquakes to determine when he could go fishing, among other reasons. It first appeared in Stick This in Your Craw, Crawdaunt I.
24. Wallace’s Whiscash, nicknamed Phillip, is primarily used for Contests. He first appeared in I More Than Like You, Luvdisc I.