1. Haxorus is a bipedal Pokemon with a dark yellow green covering on its back and most of the front.
2. It has black skin covering its torso, tail tip, and thighs, as well as red talons and claws.
3. Its large tusks, which resemble scythes, are black and edged in red, and are located on its upper jaw on the side of its mouth.
4. These tusks, which can cut steel beams, are unbreakable.
5. Its medium-sized eyes are red with black pupils.
6. Ridged plate-like skin travels from its back to its head region.
7. It has solid armor and the legs and tail have a dividing line pattern.
8. Its arms are quite small, with three digits with two elliptical triceps and biceps and circular elbows.
9. Its hands are small and circular with small red claws.
10. Its legs are formidable and strong with three toed feet with a red talon on each toe.
11. Despite its austere appearance, it is generally friendly, but it is very territorial.
12. Haxorus is based on dinosaurs.
13. Its design began early in the development of Pokémon Black and White when Ken Sugimori tasked Mana Ibe, who was just hired in the design team, with the design of a dinosaur-like Pokémon. Ibe had the idea of a Pokémon that swings its axe-like fangs to attack, a behavior reportedly stemming from actual dinosaurs, and Sugimori, while initially reluctant, ultimately agreed with the design and included the Pokémon in the game.
14. Haxorus’ tusks may draw inspiration from Dicynodonts, tusked synapsids with thick hides from the Permian era, most likely Placerias. Its tusks also resemble battle axe blades.
15. Haxorus is a combination of hack (to chop or cut down), axe, and σαῦρος saurus (Greek for lizard).
16. A Haxorus debuted in a flashback in Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!, under the ownership of Drayden. It was shown defeating Iris’s Excadrill in a battle.
17. This led to Iris having trouble with Excadrill, who disobeyed her for many years. Haxorus physically debuted in Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future!, where it had another battle against Excadrill, which resulted in a tie.
18. A Haxorus appeared in A Village Homecoming!, where it was noticed by Iris’s Dragonite, who had a fight with it.
19. A Haxorus appeared in Team Plasma’s Pokémon Manipulation!, under the ownership of Rhoder. It caused a rampage in the city due to it being under the control of Colress’s machines at the time. Haxorus returned to normal when one of the machines was destroyed by Aldith’s Liepard’s Shadow Ball.
20. Haxorus debuted in Dreams by the Yard Full! in Axew’s dream, where it first evolved into Fraxure and then into the Axe Jaw Pokémon.
21. Haxorus physically debuted in Iris’s fantasy in The Bloom Is on Axew!.
22. A Haxorus appeared as a silhouette in Crisis from the Underground Up!.
23. A Haxorus appeared in the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer, under the ownership of Iris. Alongside Bettie’s Pikachu and Barry’s Piplup, it battled Skyla’s Swanna, Flint’s Infernape, and Acerola’s Palossand, though the outcome was left unknown.