Lampent is a dual-type Ghost/Fire Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Litwick starting at level 41 and evolves into Chandelure when exposed to a Dusk Stone. Take a look below for 23 awesome and fun facts about Lampent.
1. Lampent has a clear, spherical head containing a bluish purple flame and oval, yellow eyes.
2. On top of its head is a black covering, which resembles a lampshade, with a pointed spike on top.
3. Underneath its head is a small, black body with a pointed spike at the bottom.
4. Extending from its body are two long, wavy arms with no fingers.
5. It floats through the air to move.
6. Lampent can sense when someone is about to die, whom it visits and steals the spirit from the person’s body.
7. Though most often found in deep forests, it wanders through cities and hangs around near hospitals to absorb the spirits of the fallen.
8. It uses the spirits it has absorbed to fuel its fire.
9. On occasion, it has been known to work with Litwick to lead people to the Ghost World while stealing life energy.
10. Lampent represents October in the Unova horoscope.
11. Lampent may be based on an oil street lamp and the hitodama or will-o’-the-wisps.
12. Lampent may be a combination of lamp and lambent (softly glowing, with connotations of otherworldliness) or repent. It may also refer to lament (to feel sorrow or grief).
13. Lampent debuted in A Venipede Stampede!, under the ownership of Trip. He used it to try to help stop a wild swarm of Venipede from taking over Castelia City.
14. A Lampent appeared in Scare at the Litwick Mansion! as the leader of a quartet of Litwick. They tried to take Ash, his friends, and Team Rocket to the Ghost World.
15. A Lampent appeared in SS014, under the ownership of the group leader. It was used in a Raid Battle against a giant Golurk, which was eventually defeated.
16. Multiple Lampent appeared in The Lonely Deino!, under the care of a Day Care owner named Bobby.
17. A Lampent made a cameo appearance in Climbing the Tower of Success!.
18. A Lampent appeared in a fantasy in Ash and N: A Clash of Ideals!.
19. Five Trainers’ Lampent appeared in A Crowning Moment of Truth!, with one appearing in a flashback. They were among the Pokémon attending the Wela Fire Festival.
20. A Lampent appeared in A Haunted House for Everyone! as an illusion created by a Mismagius.
21. A Trainer’s Lampent appeared in Unraveling Mysteries and Dream a Little Dream.
22. In Triple Threat, Rood used a Lampent during his battle at the Pokémon League. It went up against the Trainers who were helping Black rescue the captured Gym Leaders.
23. A Lampent appeared in Mr. Perfect, under the ownership of Bianca. It was revealed to have evolved from her Litwick prior to the round.