Gumshoos is a Normal-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It evolves from Yungoos when leveled up in the day starting at level 20. Take a look below for 22 fun and awesome facts about Gumshoos.
1. Gumshoos is a long bodied Pokemon similar to a mongoose.
2. While it moves on all fours, it is capable of standing on its hind legs with its hands locked behind its back, similar to a human.
3. Most of its coat is brown with a yellow underside that extends over the top of its tail.
4. It has an additional yellow stripe that starts on its forehead and ends between its shoulders.
5. There are tufts of fur near its shoulders, hips, and around the base of its tail.
6. These tufts in combination with its yellow underside create the impression of an open trenchcoat.
7. Its ears are rounded with a small notch, and are located on the sides of its head.
8. It has a short snout with a pink nose, a large mouth full of pointed teeth, eyes nearly hidden under its yellow stripe, and tufts of yellow fur on its chin.
9. There are three black claws on each of its four short legs.
10. Despite its length, Gumshoos is thick bodied and has a wide, flat tail with longer fur on the tip.
11. Gumshoos hunts by patiently waiting along its prey’s known travel routes and pouncing when the unsuspecting prey comes along.
12. Due to its tenacious personality and ability to withstand intense hunger, it is able to wait for its prey for long periods without eating.
14. Once the sun sets, this Pokémon’s stamina is depleted and it will fall asleep where it stands.
15. It is not originally from Alola, and was brought over to take care of Rattata outbreaks.
16. Of all Totem Pokémon that can be battled in Alola, Totem Gumshoos is one of the only two Totem Pokémon that is battled in only one game out of the two versions – in this case, Sun and Ultra Sun. The other is Totem Raticate.
17. Gumshoos appears to be based on a mongoose or honey badger with detective motifs, reflecting how it stakes out Rattata nests.
18. Gumshoos may be a combination of gumshoe (detective) and mongoose.
19. Gumshoos debuted in To Top a Totem! as an Ally Pokémon, where it was quickly defeated by Pikachu‘s Iron Tail. It made further appearances in Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon, where it was now under the ownership of the Officer Jenny of Melemele Island.
20. A Totem Gumshoos appeared in To Top a Totem!, where it battled Ash. After defeating Rowlet and then being defeated itself by Pikachu, it rewarded Ash with a Normalium Z. It reappeared in a flashback in Trial and Tribulation!.
21. A Gumshoos appeared in Showdown on Poni Island!, where it was photographed by Lillie during her time on Poni Island.
22. Ilima’s Yungoos was revealed to have evolved into a Gumshoos sometime prior to PASM31.