Dewott is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Oshawott starting at level 17 and evolves into Samurott starting at level 36. Take a look below for 21 fun and fascinating facts about Dewott.
1. Dewott is a bipedal, otter like Pokemon that is primarily light blue.
2. It has small black ears, a pointed crest at the back of its head, a red nose, and long white whiskers forming tilted V-shapes.
3. Two pointed teeth are visible in the upper jaw when its mouth is open.
4. Its forelimbs have three fingers on each black paw.
5. Its feet and flat tail are black.
6. Around its waist is a large, dark blue, fringed arrangement of fur, with two scalchops on the thighs.
7. These scalchops are detachable, and Dewott trains to use several techniques with them.
8. Dewott was first seen on concept art from the Best Wishes series along with Servine, Woobat, and Axew.
9. Dewott’s English name, as well as Servine’s, was officially confirmed through the anime in The Battle Club and Tepig’s Choice!.
10. Dewott is based on a sea otter and samurai.
11. Its trait of fighting with its two shells may be based on Tessenjutsu, a type of martial arts involving the Japanese war fan.
12. Dewott may be a combination of dew, water, and otter. It may also involve duel or dual (referring to the two scalchops it fights with), or duo (Italian for two, referring to its place in its evolutionary line). Notably, Helen DeWitt is the name of the author of The Last Samurai.
13. A Dewott appeared in A Connoisseur’s Revenge!, under the ownership of Burgundy. It was first used her battle against Cilan, where it was defeated by Dwebble. It reappeared in Search for the Clubultimate!, where it was used in a battle against Iris, but it was defeated by Excadrill.
14. A Dewott appeared in The Pokémon Harbor Patrol!, under the ownership of Halsey. It was used to help put out fires and has a prideful personality, which caused conflicts between it and Halsey’s Watchog.
15. Multiple Trainers’ Dewott appeared in Crowning the Scalchop King!, including a Dewott owned by Cadbury, nicknamed Caesar. They were taking part in the Scalchop King Competition at Scalchop Island in the Decolore Islands.
16. Dewott debuted in The Battle Club and Tepig’s Choice!, under the ownership of a Trainer. It was first seen battling a Servine, which it defeated. Dewott’s Trainer later challenged Ash and his Pikachu to a battle, where it demonstrated surprising agility.
17. Multiple Trainers’ Dewott appeared in A Connoisseur’s Revenge!, where they were some of the Pokémon at a Poké Mart near Castelia City.
18. A Dewott appeared in ANL4, under the ownership of Arata. It evolved from his Oshawott.
19. Dewott is Touya’s first Pokémon, as well as his main Pokémon, in Pocket Monsters BW: Meetings with the Legends.
20. Dewott is Blake’s main Pokémon and first appeared in The Transfer Student. He used it to defeat Hugh’s Trapinch, earning his Trainer a Pokédex.
21. A Dewott appeared in The Green Scroll: Kenshin’s Adventure, under the ownership of Motochika.