Christopher Bryan Harrison is an American television and game show host, best known for his role as host of the ABC reality television dating show “The Bachelor” since 2002, and its spin-offs “The Bachelorette” since 2003, “Bachelor Pad” from 2010 to 2012, “Bachelor in Paradise” since 2014, the first season of “Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise” in 2015, “Bachelor Live” in 2016, and “The Bachelor Winter Games” in 2018. Take a look below for 21 more fun and fascinating facts about Chris Harrison.
1. Harrison was born in Dallas, Texas.
2. He graduated from Lake Highlands High School in 1989.
3. He attended Oklahoma City University on a soccer scholarship.
4. He was a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
5. From 1993–99, Harrison worked as a sports reporter at CBS affiliate KWTV in Oklahoma City.
6. He also worked briefly for TVG Network, a horse racing channel, and was the host of “Designers’ Challenge” on HGTV.
7. In 2001, Harrison hosted the short-lived game show “Mall Masters” for GSN.
8. In 2002, Harrison guest-starred on “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,” as a music show host, in the episode “Ping, Ping a Song”.
9. On November 23, 2008, Harrison hosted the American Music Awards pre-show live on ABC.
10. His co-hosts were “Dancing with the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba, and Pussycat Dolls member Nicole Scherzinger.
11. The TV Guide Network, now known as “Pop,” announced that Harrison was signed to anchor its live red carpet awards coverage, beginning with the 2009 Primetime Emmy Awards in September.
12. In 2011, Harrison and Brooke Burns co-hosted the game show “You Deserve It.”
13. He has also co-hosted “Hollywood 411” on the former TV Guide Network.
14. He has hosted “Designers’ Challenge” on HGTV and “Mall Masters” on the Game Show Network.
15. In April 2015, Disney-ABC announced that Harrison would replace Terry Crews as host of the syndicated version of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” for the 2015–16 season.
16. GSN began airing reruns of this show on December 18, 2017, marking a return to the network for him since the cancellation of “Mall Masters.”
17. Harrison currently hosts ABC’s “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette.”
18. He was married to his college sweetheart, Gwen Harrison.
19. They have two children, Joshua and Taylor.
20. In May 2012, after 18 years of marriage, Harrison and his wife announced they were ending their marriage.
21. As of 2019, Harrison was confirmed to be dating Lauren Zima, a reporter and journalist for Entertainment Tonight.