Odeya Rush, born May 12, 1997, is an Israeli model and actress. She’s known for her lead roles in The Giver and Goosebumps. She was born in Haifa, Israel, to father Shlomo Rushinek and mother Maia. Take a look below for 21 fascinating and interesting facts about Odeya Rush.
1. Her name, Odeya, means “Thank God” in Hebrew.
2. As an eight year old in Haifa, she wrote and performed plays.
3. Her family moved to the United States when she was nine years old, so that her father could take a job as a security consultant in Alabama.
4. When she arrived to the United States, Rush could speak only Hebrew.
5. She’s Jewish and attended N.E. Miles Jewish Day School in Birmingham, Alabama, where she lived.
6. She later moved to Midland Park, New Jersey, where she attended public school.
7. In the beginning of 2013, Rush moved to Los Angeles, California, with her family.
8. She has six brothers. Four of them are younger than her. There are two sets of twins who live with their parents in Los Angeles, and two older brothers who live in Israel.
9. Before becoming an actress, Rush began her career in her childhood and adolescence when she was discovered as a model in the United States, appearing in major campaigns and advertisements for fashion brands Polo Ralph Lauren, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger and Guess.
10. Her first acting roles began in 2010 in Law & Order: Special Victims Unite, in the episode “Branded,” in which she played the character Hannah Milner.
11. She appeared in the television series Curb Your Enthusiasm in the episode “Mister Softee,” as Emily.
12. Her first movie role was in 2012, playing Joni Jerome, the best friend of Timothy, in the Peter Hedges-directed Disney movie The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
13. In 2013, Rush was named one of Hollywood’s 20 up and coming young actresses under 20 to watch by The Midwest TV Guys.
14. Rush co-starred, as Fiona, in the science fiction movie The Giver, based on the 1993 novel of the same name from Lois Lowry, and directed by Philip Noyce.
15. In 2014, Rush was one of two Israeli actresses, along with Gal Gadot, to be named as Hollywood’s newest leading ladies by InStyle magazine.
16. In 2015, Rush played Ashley Burwood, niece of Johana Burwood, played by Sarah Hyland, in the comedy movie See You in Valhalla.
17. Rush played the female lead in the movie Goosebumps, based on the R.L. Stine’s popular book series.
18. In Goosebumps, Rush played Hannah Fairchild, the “daughter” of R.L. Stine, portrayed by Jack Black, who teams up with her neighbor to fight the Goosebumps monsters.
19. In 2016, Rush completed filming the satirical comedy movie Dear Dictator, in which she starred with Michael Caine and Katie Holmes.
20. She was cast as Ella Hatto, opposite Sam Worthington, in the action-thriller movie The Hunter’s Prayer, which is directed by Jonathan Mostow.
21. In 2017, she was cast as Lacy Westman in the limited release movie The Bachelors.