Sirfetch’d is a Fighting-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Galarian Farfetch’d after landing three critical hits in a single battle. Take a look below for 21 awesome and interesting facts about Sirfetch’d.
1. Sirfetch’d is an avian Pokemon that resembles a white duck, standing no taller than its pre-evolved for Farfetch’d and retaining its yellow beak, brown eyes and eyebrow like marking.
2. Its legs and webbed feet are colored yellow, while the three-feather crest on its head and stubby tail are white.
3. Its wings serve as humanoid hands, with the feathers at the end resembling fingers.
4. It carries a massive leek in two parts, wielding the long, sharpened stalk as a lance and using the hard leaves as a shield.
5. It is said that this evolution was attained by a Farfetch’d who experienced and survived many battles.
6. It is known to be calm and collected, preferring to fight fairly.
7. Due to its noble nature, Sirfetch’d is often chosen as a motif for paintings; one famous painting in the Galar region shows a Sirfetch’d duelling with an Escavalier.
8. The leek it carries is its most prized possession, having maintained it for many years.
9. Once the leek finally withers, Sirfetch’d will retire from battle for good.
10. Sirfetch’d and Farfetch’d are the only Pokémon capable of using the Leek item.
11. Sirfetch’d is the only known Pokémon capable of learning the move Meteor Assault.
12. Sirfetch’d was first teased on Pokémon Sword and Shield’s official website on September 13, 2019, with its appearance, name, category, and height heavily pixelated — the image was also rotated 90° left, and then horizontally inverted. On the Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese official websites, its name was partially revealed. The link to the page played a Rotom’s cry when clicked, implicating it as the cause of the data corruption.
13. The revealed parts of the Japanese, Korean, and Chinese were: ナイト naito (Japanese), 나이트 naiteu (Korean) and 兵 bīng (Chinese).
14. Sirfetch’d and its pre-evolved-form are the only Pokémon with an apostrophe in their names.
15. Despite “sir” being male honorific, Sirfetch’d are equally likely to be female.
16. Sirfetch’d appears to be based on a duck and a knight armed with a sword and shield.
17. Like Farfetch’d, it may be inspired by the Japanese saying 「鴨が葱を背負って来る」, literally translating to “a duck comes bearing bunching onions”.
18. As a saying, it means “something surprising but convenient”. Sirfetch’d may also be based on Sir Lancelot du Lac, one of the members of the Knights of the Round Table.
19. In Arthurian legend, before he revealed his identity to King Arthur, he was known as the “White Knight” for his white armor.
20. Sirfetch’d may be a combination of sir and far-fetched.
21. A Sirfetch’d nicknamed (Japanese: ランスン Ransun) first appeared in the Sword & Shield chapter, under the ownership of Sōdo.