Merrill is a city in Klamath County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 interesting and fun facts about Merrill, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 844 at the 2010 census.
2. Merrill is an agricultural area and is home to an annual Potato Festival.
3. The area was also part of the Klamath Basin water crisis pitting agricultural interests against endangered species water requirements, tribal interests, and environmentalists.
4. Merrill was the birthplace and boyhood home of Carl Barks, the Disney comics artist who created Scrooge McDuck, among other characters.
5. It is home to the Raiders of Lost River Jr./Sr. High School.
6. Merrill is at an elevation of 4,071 feet (1,241 m) in southern Klamath County, near the Oregon–California border.
7. It is along Oregon Route 39 southeast of Klamath Falls and northwest of Tulelake.
8. Lower Klamath Lake and Tule Lake, both in California, are slightly south of Merrill.
9. Merrill was named for rancher Nathan S. Merrill, who settled at this location in 1890. A post office was established in Merrill in 1896.
10. H. E. Momyre was the postmaster. The first business in Merrill was a grist mill.