Odette Juliette Annable, born May 10, 1985, is an American actress. She’s known for various roles in film and television, including her starring role as Dr. Jessica Adams in the Fox medical drama series House, Beth McIntyre in the monster movie Cloverfield, Aubrey Diaz in the ABC drama series October Road, and Samantha Arias in Supergirl. Take a look below for 20 more interesting and awesome facts about Odette Annable.
1. Annable was born in Los Angeles, California, to a Colombian father and a Cuban mother.
2. She graduated from Woodcrest Christian High School in Riverside, California.
3. Annable played a Spanish speaking student in Kindergarten Cop at the age of 5.
4. She appeared in the South Beach television series and the movie, October Road.
5. She had a lead role in the 2007 Lifetime movies Reckless Behavior: Caught on Tape and Cloverfield, as well as an appearance in the comedy movie Walk Hard, and the 2009 movie, The Unborn.
6. In 2011, she played nurse Annie Miller in season five of Brothers & Sisters.
7. She had a lead role in the television comedy, Breaking In until April 2012.
8. Annable joined the television series House as Dr. Jessica Adams, and remained on the show until the finale in May 2012.
9. In March 2014, she was cast as Trudy Cooper in the ABC series The Astronaut Wives Club.
10. In 2017, she joined the main cast of The CW series Supergirl as Samantha Arias, a single mother who discovers that she shares origins with Supergirl and Superman. The character is based on the antagonist Reign from the DC Comics series Supergirl.
11. She married her Brothers & Sisters television co-star Dave Annable in October 2010 and gave birth to a daughter, Charlie Mae, on September 7, 2015.
12. She has a puppy named Navy.
13. Annable is interesting in sports and fashion.
14. As of 2007, Annable resides in Atlanta, Georgia.
15. Her father was born in Bogota, Colombia, of French and Italian descent; he was raised in Nicaragua. Her mother is Cuban. Odette was raised in a Latin household, making her fluent in Spanish.
16. At one point, she was engaged to Trevor Wright.
17. She was ranked number 88 in FHM’s Sexiest Women in the World List of 2008.
18. She’s a huge fan of Angelina Jolie.
19. On deciding to pursue a career in acting, Annable said, “I figured ‘you know what, why not? I’m going to go ahead and do this.’ I’ve been fortunate enough to be successful enough to just have that pay my bills, so it has been nice, just lovely. Very warm and welcoming.”
20. Annable said that what attracts her in a man is a great smile, confidence, not cockiness, and a gentleman who knows the importance of chivalry.