Quilladin is a Grass-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Chespin starting at level 16 and evolves into Chesnaught starting at level 36. Take a look below for 20 awesome and amazing facts about Quilladin.
1. Quilladin is a bipedal, mammalian Pokemon with some plant like features.
2. Most of its body is covered by a green, armor-like shell similar to a chestnut.
3. The shell covers everything except its face, lower body and legs, and the undersides of its arms.
4. The visible parts of its body are dark brown, except for its lighter face.
5. The face has dark, oval eyes, a small, pink nose on a pointed snout, a dark brown, sideways triangle on each cheek, rodent-like incisors, and a three-pointed patch of dark brown fur on its forehead.
6. On either side of its head is a large, ear-like spike with reddish tips.
7. Its tail also has a reddish tip. Its shell is banded over its arms and on its back, and the fur on its lower body creates a three-pointed pattern on its front.
8. Quilladin has three white, clawed digits on its hands and two on its feet.
9. Quilladin is not aggressive and never starts fights, although it is known to exercise its lower body by running into other Quilladin.
10. When it is forced to defend itself, it relies on its shell to deflect attacks, before counterattacking with its sharp quills.
11. Quilladin is the only Pokémon whose name begins with Q that was not introduced in Generation II.
12. Quilladin seems to be based on a hedgehog combined with a chestnut.
13. It may also draw inspiration from “armored” mammals such as pangolins, armadillos, and glyptodonts.
14. Its bulky, rotund appearance is possibly a reference to the calybium and cupule that protect the nuts of chestnut trees.
15. Quilladin may be a combination of quill and paladin. Its name may also derive from pangolin, which itself is derived from the Malay word pengguling, meaning “something that rolls up.”
16. Quilladin physically debuted in Love Strikes! Eevee, Yikes!, where it developed a crush on Serena’s Eevee before being rejected. It then tried its luck on a wild Flareon with no success.
17. Quilladin debuted in Summer of Discovery!, where it was seen on a Pokévision video icon.
18. A Quilladin appeared in the opening sequence of Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, when it evolved from Chespin and then into Chesnaught. Two Quilladin appeared in the movie proper, one during a flashback, where both were seen as residents of the Nebel Plateau.
19. A Quilladin appears as a Pokémon card played by Hiroshi.
20. A Quilladin appeared in the manga adaptation of Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel as a resident of the Nebel Plateau.