Cryogonal is an Ice-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Take a look below for 19 interesting and awesome facts about Cryogonal.
1. Cryogonal resembles a shiny, blue hexagonal snowflake.
2. Its facial expression is frozen, which leaves Cryogonal with a still, aggressive-looking face.
3. Two cracks run through its face, the upper opening contains its eyes and the lower serves as a mouth.
4. It has two glowing eyes and its large mouth contains an extendable chain of ice, which is used for hunting.
5. When its body heat rises it will turn into steam and vanish, but will revert to ice when the body temperature lowers.
6. Cryogonal is born in snow clouds.
7. Cryogonal’s appearance seems to be based on both snowflakes and ice crystals.
8. The ability to trap prey in ice crystals may be a reference to the hrímþursar, Nordic giants who were made of ice, who also have this ability.
9. Because of its back sprite and ability to learn several light-based moves, it may also be based on a glass mirror.
10. Cryogonal is a combination of the prefix cryo-, from κρύος kruos, Greek for icy cold, and the adjectival form of the suffix -gon, from γωνία gōnia, Greek for angle.
11. Cryogonal debuted in Caution: Icy Battle Conditions!, under the ownership of Brycen. It was used in Brycen’s Gym battle against Ash, where it defeated Scraggy but lost to his Pignite after it used Fire Pledge.
12. Multiple Cryogonal appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice, where they acted as followers of Kyurem.
13. Multiple Cryogonal appeared in Team Eevee and the Pokémon Rescue Squad!. Several of them were attacking and freezing a dam, leading to Virgil, Davy, and Jeff mounting a rescue mission.
14. It was ultimately discovered that a baby Cryogonal was trapped inside the dam, and once it was reunited with the older ones, they left peacefully.
16. A Cryogonal appeared in Up in the Air, under the ownership of Brycen.
17. A Cryogonal appeared in The Tournament Continues, under the ownership of Zinzolin. It was used during the Pokémon League.
18. A Team Plasma Grunt’s Cryogonal was seen in PS545.
19. Cryogonal appears in the 3DS version as an enemy in Smash Run. It uses Ice Beam that either flies straight or curves to follow the target.