Liepard is a Dark type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Purrloin starting at level 20. Take a look below for 25 fascinating and interesting facts about Liepard.
1. Liepard is a slender, purple feline Pokemon speckled with yellow rosettes.
2. Its fur patterning is considered attractive to many Trainers.
3. It has a pink “mask” marking over its eyes, a pink nose, and small yellow markings over its green eyes.
4. It has two pairs of long yellow whiskers, and a tufted yellow underside.
5. Its lower legs are yellow, and each small paw has a pale pink pad that can be seen in Pokédex 3D Pro.
6. It has a long, curving tail with a sickle-like shape toward the tip.
7. Liepard has well-developed muscles that allows it to run silently and strike opponents from behind.
8. It has also been known to vanish and reappear without warning.
9. It is known to be rather moody and vicious.
10. In Galar, it competes with Thievul for territory.
11. Liepard is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 446.
12. Liepard has traits of housecats and leopards.
13. It could also draw inspiration from spotted wildcats like the leopard cat, ocelot, and serval.
14. It may also be based on a Savannah cat, a hybrid between a domestic cat and a serval.
15. It also slightly resembles a black panther, because of its dark coloration and the fact that spots on a panther’s coat can be seen if examined closely.
16. Liepard is a combination of lie and leopard.
17. A Liepard was set to debut in BW023 (unaired) and BW024 (unaired), under the ownership of Team Plasma. However, the episodes were postponed indefinitely due to the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami.
18. Liepard made its official main series debut in Lost at the League!, under the ownership of Stephan. In the next episode, it battled Ash, but lost to Krookodile’s Dragon Claw.
19. A Liepard appeared in Team Plasma’s Pokémon Manipulation! and Meowth, Colress and Team Rivalry!, under the ownership of Aldith. It was used to battle Jessie’s Woobat and James’s Amoonguss. In Meowth, Colress and Team Rivalry!, Liepard and Barret’s Magnezone battled Jessie and James, but both were caught in their trap.
20. Team Plasma Grunts own multiple Liepard, one of which appeared in Secrets From Out of the Fog!. They made further appearances in Ash and N: A Clash of Ideals!, Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony!, and What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!.
21. A Liepard appeared in A Festival of Decisions!, under the ownership of Shinobu. It was used to defend the Ninja Village, and it was able to defeat a Houndoom with a Shadow Ball.
22. A Liepard debuted in Meeting at Terminus Cave!, under the ownership of Bryony. In that episode, it battled Ash’s Pikachu and Greninja, and was eventually defeated by the latter when it transformed into its Ash-Greninja form. It reappeared in Coming Apart at the Dreams!, where it was defeated in a battle with Clemont, Clembot, and Blaziken Mask’s Pokémon.
23. Multiple Liepard debuted in the opening sequence of Black—Victini and Reshiram.
24. A Liepard appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice, under the ownership of Misaki. It was seen battling Kanata’s Herdier in the Roshan City Pokémon Center and winning. Another Liepard appeared during the Swords of Justice legend.
25. A Trainer’s Liepard appeared in Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness! as one of the cruise ship passengers. Another Liepard also appeared in a fantasy in the same episode.