Arctozolt is a dual-type Electric/Ice Fossil Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It is resurrected from combining a Fossilized Bird and Fossilized Dino, and it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Take a look below for 19 awesome and interesting facts about Arctozolt.
1. Arctozolt is a hybrid fossil Pokémon.
2. It has a light blue body with a snow-like patch on the top.
3. Its body has blue fins with white patches on the ends and some spots.
4. It has a mosasaur-like tail with a fin on top.
5. It has two yellow hands.
6. Arctozolt has a raptor-like head with closed eyes and a blue spot on each cheek.
7. It produces mucus from its nose.
8. By shaking its freezing upper half, it can generate electricity.
9. It was known to live in ancient shores and preserved its food with the ice on its body.
10. It allegedly went extinct because it moved very slowly, but this is likely not the case due to Arctozolt being combined from two separate Pokémon that each had their niches before going extinct.
11. Arctozolt shares its category with Aerodactyl, Dracozolt, Dracovish, and Arctovish. They are all known as the Fossil Pokémon.
12. Arctozolt, Dracozolt, Dracovish, and Arctovish are the first Fossil Pokémon to not be Rock-type or have a gender.
13. Arctozolt, like its counterparts, may be based on the Crystal Palace Dinosaurs, a series of misassembled dinosaur sculptures displayed at the Crystal Palace Park.
14. It may reference the statue of an Ichthyosaurus walking on land.
15. In the case of Arctozolt, its top half appears to be based on a dromaeosaurid, while its bottom half appears to be based on an aquatic reptile, like a plesiosaur, mosasaur or ichthyosaur.
16. It may have also been inspired by the chimera and similar mythological creatures, which was stated to have the features of different animal species, and is often interpreted as being scientifically constructed from different animal parts.
17. The Pokédex entries for all the Galar Fossils mention them being the cause of their own extinction, which may be a reference to the outdated hypothesis that the dinosaurs were evolutionary inert, which made them get bigger, sluggish and stupider to the point they couldn’t sustain themselves.
18. Arctozolt being unable to breed could be a reference to cross-bred animals, which are born infertile (unable to produce offspring).
19. Arctozolt may be a combination of arctic and jolt.