Boltund is an Electric-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Yamper starting at level 25. Take a look below for 18 interesting and amazing facts about Boltund.
1. Boltund is a quadruped, canine Pokemon.
2. Its two front paws are white with a yellow stripe on each leg above the white part, which leads to its desaturated green legs.
3. Its back two back paws are a darker yellow with a lighter yellow on top of it that also leads to desaturated green legs.
4. It has a thin, yellow tail and hind legs with two spikes on the top of each of them.
5. When it raises its tail, the tail takes the shape of a lightning bolt.
6. The bottom half of its body is mainly desaturated green, while the upper part if mainly yellow.
7. Boltund’s head is yellow with white markings that extend over its muzzle, under its eyes, and in between its eyes, going up to its forehead.
8. This white spot also goes down and ends in a triangle shape on the front of its chest.
9. Its eyes are yellow, mint-green, white, and black with no distinct pupil.
10. An outer ring of a light yellow is also around each eye.
11. The inside of its ears is yellow with an outer ring of black.
12. The desaturated green and yellow halves of its body connect on Boltund’s shoulders, with the yellow part extending down in its front to cover Boltund’s underbelly.
13. Boltund can channel the electricity that it generates to its legs in order to keep them strong, boosting its strength and allowing it to run nonstop for three full days.
14. It can easily run faster than 50 mph at top speed.
15. It serves as the enemy of Thievul.
16. Boltund appears to be based on a greyhound, a German Shepherd, and an English Foxhound.
17. Boltund’s relationship with Thievul may be a reference to fox hunting, where red foxes were hunted by foxhounds.
18. Boltund may be a combination of bolt and Hund (German for dog) or hound.