Vanillish is an Ice-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Vanillite starting at level 35 and evolves into Vanilluxe starting at level 47. Take a look below for 18 fascinating and awesome facts about Vanillish.
1. Vanillish have large, white, rounded upper bodies with a swirled substance on top, making it resemble a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
2. Its eyes are dark blue with small, ice crystals at the sides.
3. Vanillish has a dark blue mouth, two ice crystals below its mouth, and stubby, limbs that resemble icicles.
4. It has a pointed lower body that resembles a large icicle.
5. Vanillish lives in southern, snowy mountains, which it migrated to during an ancient ice age.
6. It creates ice inside its body by drinking water, and expels it to hide itself or freeze opponents.
7. It can shatter frozen opponents with powerful headbutts.
8. Vanillish are smaller in hotter regions, and though it can refreeze its snow despite melting, this process can leave its appearance warped.
9. According to Game Freak, Vanillish and its evolutionary relatives were created by James Turner.
10. Vanillish seems to be based on an ice cream cone made of snow and ice. It also resembles an icicle.
11. Vanillish is a combination of vanilla and delish (slang term for delicious).
12. Vanillish debuted in The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue!, under the ownership of Dr. Ferrara/Cryogonal Man. It battled Charles’s Accelgor, only to be knocked out by its Swift.
13. A Vanillish appeared in Caution: Icy Battle Conditions!, under the ownership of Brycen. Brycen used Vanillish in a Gym battle against Ash. It first went up against Krookodile, who was eventually recalled for Scraggy, who in turn defeated Vanillish with a combination of Focus Blast and Headbutt.
14. A Vanillish appeared in Thawing an Icy Panic! alongside a Vanilluxe, where they were looking for a Vanillite who had gone missing, and created a big snowstorm in Coumarine City in the process of the search.
15. A Vanillish appeared in Performing with Fiery Charm!, under the ownership of a Pokémon Performer. It reappeared in Master Class is in Session!, where it was used in the Master Class Pokémon Showcase in Gloire City; and then again in Performing a Pathway to the Future!, where it was seen watching the same Showcase.
16. A Vanillish appeared in Clash! White Hero vs Black Hero.
17. A Vanillish owned by a girl in Castelia City appeared in The Case of the Missing Pokémon, where they watch as Tep trying to find the person who kidnapped Bianca’s Litwick.
18. Brycen owns three Vanillish. They were first used to train Black’s Pokémon while a single one was used to later battle Black in a Gym battle in School of Hard Knocks.