Grookey is a Grass-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves into Thwackey starting at level 16, which evolves into Rillaboom starting at level 35. Along with Scorbunny and Sobble, Grookey is one of three starter Pokémon of Galar available at the beginning of Pokémon Sword and Shield. Along with Scorbunny and Sobble, it was the first Generation VIII Pokémon to be revealed to the public on February 27, 2019. Take a look below for 15 interesting and amazing facts about Grookey.
1. Grookey is a chimp like Pokemon, with a green colored body, brown tail and ears, and orange limbs and snout.
2. It has two large eyes with a beige-colored mask surrounding them.
3. It has two leaf-shaped hair tufts that hold a stick on the top of its head.
4. It uses this stick to beat rhythmically against the surfaces of all sorts of objects.
5. This has been observed to cause grass to grow, and wilted flowers and leaves seem to regain their color when Grookey drums nearby.
6. It is said to be full of boundless curiosity.
7. The stick used to be a branch from a forest where troops of Grookey lived, and it has a special power due to being exposed to the energy within Grookey’s body.
8. Grookey’s green fur can create energy from the sunlight.
9. Grookey shares its category with Chimchar. They are both known as the Chimp Pokémon.
10. Grookey’s appearance may be based on squirrel monkeys and macaques.
11. Its behavior may reference the fact that macaques drum objects in a rhythmic manner to show social dominance.
12. Its tool resembles both drumsticks and hair sticks.
13. It may also take inspiration on the belief that music stimulates plant growth.
14. Grookey may be a combination of groove and monkey.
15. Sōdo’s Grookey, nicknamed Sutikkun, first appeared in the Sword & Shield chapter.