Grandview is a city in Yakima County, Washington, United States. It is about 38 miles west of Kennewick and 38 miles southeast of Yakima. Take a look below for 15 awesome and amazing facts about Grandview, Washington, United States.
1. The population was 10,862 at the 2010 census.
2. Grandview’s economy is agriculture based; with apples, cherries, concord and wine grapes, hops, asparagus, corn, wheat, dairy and other fruit and vegetable production supported by processing plants and cold storage facilities.
3. Grandview received its name in 1906 due to its view of Mount Rainier and Mount Adams.
4. Grandview was officially incorporated on September 21, 1909.
5. It began simply as the halfway point on the rail line between Prosser and Sunnyside.
6. Grandview is located at 46°15′13″N 119°54′36″W (46.253670, -119.910133).
7. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.31 square miles (16.34 km2), of which, 6.23 square miles (16.14 km2) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) is water.
8. As of the census of 2010, there were 10,862 people, 2,996 households, and 2,459 families living in the city. The population density was 1,743.5 inhabitants per square mile (673.2/km2).
9. There were 3,136 housing units at an average density of 503.4 per square mile (194.4/km2).
10. The racial makeup of the city was 55.2% White, 0.9% African American, 0.6% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 38.8% from other races, and 4.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 79.7% of the population.
11. There were 2,996 households, of which 57.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.5% were married couples living together, 18.5% had a female householder with no husband present, 9.0% had a male householder with no wife present, and 17.9% were non-families.
12. 14.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 5.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.60 and the average family size was 3.90.
13. The median age in the city was 26.3 years. 37% of residents were under the age of 18; 11.2% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 26.8% were from 25 to 44; 17.1% were from 45 to 64; and 7.9% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.0% male and 50.0% female.
14. As of the census of 2000, there were 8,377 people, 2,431 households, and 1,956 families living in the city. The population density was 1,552.3 people per square mile (599.0/km2).
15. There were 2,581 housing units at an average density of 478.3 per square mile (184.5/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 51.12% White, 0.58% African American, 0.94% Native American, 0.94% Asian, 0.11% Pacific Islander, 43.27% from other races, and 3.03% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 68.04% of the population.